HELP: Tonight's Dinner - Italian Chicken w/ Rigatoni

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
Hello there i have a couple of boneless skinless chicken breasts marinating in an odd mixture of olive oil, white wine, and ceaser dressing, gonna use them tonight to toss with some rigatoni, fresh basil, olive oil, fresh garlic, and fresh roma tomatoes... with some parm on top

curious... i have them marinating in a glass dish, gonna leave them for a couple of hours... when i take them out to cook, should i pat them dry as i would a steak? I am curious the best way to grill these up....should i pat them dry, sear them on med-high in skillet, then finish in oven? Or should i just cook in skillet whole time? or bake the whole time? Not really sure best way to go about it..going to cook them, then slice them into little strips and toss with veggies and herbs and pasta.

thanks in advance, it has a couple hours to marinate any replies woudl be appreciated

Mylegsbig said:
Hello there i have a couple of boneless skinless chicken breasts marinating in an odd mixture of olive oil, white wine, and ceaser dressing, gonna use them tonight to toss with some rigatoni, fresh basil, olive oil, fresh garlic, and fresh roma tomatoes... with some parm on top

curious... i have them marinating in a glass dish, gonna leave them for a couple of hours... when i take them out to cook, should i pat them dry as i would a steak? I am curious the best way to grill these up....should i pat them dry, sear them on med-high in skillet, then finish in oven? Or should i just cook in skillet whole time? or bake the whole time? Not really sure best way to go about it..going to cook them, then slice them into little strips and toss with veggies and herbs and pasta.

thanks in advance, it has a couple hours to marinate any replies woudl be appreciated

Yum! Sounds delish! Do you have some extra Caesar dressing? I would remove the chicken (when done marinating), & dump the marinade. Don't pat the chicken dry. Grill or saute marinated chicken in a skillet w some evoo.

Meanwhile, put a pot of boiling water on for the pasta. Shred or cut up the chicken when done and toss with cooked pasta & the rest of ingredients & extra Caesar dressing.

Yum - sounds good! I would not pat them dry, just put them into a hot pan and sear like you said then finish in the oven. If you have any non-chicken soaked marinade left, you can baste them occasionally to help keep them moist. Also, when they are in the oven, cover them to help keep the steam and subsequent moisture in as well.
Just my 2 cents - I'm sure others will be around soon to lend you support as well! Good luck!

Probably too late for dinner but I woud dry off the chicken breasts and pan sear them then finish in the oven. To pan sear, the breasts should be dry, otherwise they steam rather than sear.

If you are going to cook bake them, drying them off is less important. I like to cook the chicken as I described then slice it on top of the pasta.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom