How would you improve this chicken in gravy recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alx26

Cook
I don't know what you guys would call it but this is what the general outline is.

Fry onions and chicken(or any other meat) peaces.... with carrots and some flour.

Chuck them into a deep pan, cover with water and simmer untill the liquid turns into nice gravy....

BOOM serve over pasta or rice....

Does this kind of dish have a name? What would you add to it, and how would you do it to ge the most out of it? :chef:

Frankly, that can't be ALL there is to the recipe. The information you're supplying is way too basic for me to help with. Perhaps someone else here can transform what you've given into something intelligible/edible? LOL!!

It almost sounds like stewed chicken. Here's what I would do: Heat 2 tbsp. oil, brown chicken well on both sides, remove chicken to a plate. Saute garlic, onions and carrots for a few minutes (at this point, you can add herbs like 1 tsp. dried thyme or 1/2 tsp. each dried thyme and sage), add 2 tbsp. flour, stir for a couple of minutes to cook out the raw flour taste, then add 1 cup liquid (water or chicken stock), cook and stir over medium-high heat till it comes to a boil and thickens a little. Add chicken, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer till done, about 20 minutes.

The basic gravy recipe is to use 2 tbsp. oil and 2 tbsp. flour with 1 cup of water or stock; this can be doubled. The liquid must come to a boil or the gravy won't thicken.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom