Ideas for what to make with wonderful grounded chicken thighs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
what are three things you can make with grounded chicken thighs except for chicken meat balls, pelmeni (or other dumplings) and fried patties?

preferably not laden with calories

:)

Chili -in almost any style.

Soups, brown and add to

Chicken Salad

Stir fry again - in almost any style.

Meat sauce for pasta

Your meatballs can be made small and into Kebobs on a stick. Or elongated on a stick in the style of ... (can't remember the name, middle eastern)

TNX dragnlaw

great ideas

a question about the salad
how exactly can it be incorporated?

i now remembered i used to also brown it for pasta sauce as 'clusters' by somewhat following a tip given at "bonappetit".
they say it should be fried on low heat as one piece and only after it gets browned it should be broken to the desired pieces size.

Salad as a whole meal is one of my favourites. Very versatile.

Chicken (and I would follow the advice of cook one piece then break up),

Open fridge door and start grabbing! Mayo for a binder. Maybe a small blob of mustard (any kind), squirt of lemon. S & P
You can also make a more Asian style dressing. Middle Eastern style.

The following- you choose what ever is on hand or pleases you.

Relish, sweet pickle - dill (or both)
Olives - green or black
Pepperoncini
Capers
Celery
Sweet peppers (red is nice for added colour) (or hot peppers)
Carrots
Radishes
Broccoli

I have thrown in left over vegies such as green beans.

Everything chopped into bite size pieces - not too big and not too small.

For carbs if you wish - You could throw in cold pasta and left over rice (might want to increase the dressing a bit) that makes for a substantial meal.

One of my newer very favorite recipes is Thai Basil Chicken Bowls. The recipe calls for ground chicken breast, but I think thighs would be equally tasty. Here's a link for that one - https://damndelicious.net/2019/01/22/thai-basil-chicken-bowls/

Another favorite uses either ground turkey or ground chicken...from a restaurant that used to be in Santa Monica, Vegas, now, I think...the Border Grill's Albondigas Soup Recipe. This is a very special and wonderful recipe. Here's a link: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/turkey-albondigas-soup-recipe-1969568 - although I have the cookbook! It is meatballs, but different!!

Another favorite here at for pot luck at campouts - Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers with Guacamole! Although, I often make them as sliders for pot luck. I do keep a supply frozen in the freezer too. They are yummy! Yes, they are patties, but, again, very different! Hope you won't hold that against them! Here's a link: https://whatsgabycooking.com/cheddar-jalapeno-chicken-burgers-with-guacamole/

Taco/burrito filling:
1 lb. ground chicken thighs
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 cup minced onion
2 cloves minced garlic3 tbs. lime juice
2 tbs. tomato puree
2 tbs. chicken, or bacon fat, or fry oil.
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. black pepper

Heat fat over medium high heat until shimmering. Add onion, and stir for three minutes. Add garlic and stir for two minutes. Add chicken, and stir every five minutes or so until browned. Add remaining ingredients, stir to combine, reduce heat to simmer, cover, and let cook for ten minutes. While the meat is simmering, grate the cheese, and prepare whatever else you like in/on your burritos, tacos, enchiladas. Enjoy

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Didn't somehow get all of my recipe offerings on the page. Trying again.

Taco/burrito filling:
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 cup minced onion
2 cloves minced garlic3 tbs. lime juice
2 tbs. tomato puree
2 tbs. chicken, or bacon fat, or fry oil.
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. black pepper

Heat fat over medium high heat until shimmering. Add onion, and stir for three minutes. Add garlic and stir for two minutes. Add chicken, and stir every five minutes or so until browned. Add remaining ingredients, stir to combine, reduce heat to simmer, cover, and let cook for ten minutes. While the meat is simmering, grate the cheese, and prepare whatever else you like in/on your burritos, tacos, enchiladas.

Chicken, rice, and beans:
2 pkg. Lipton's Chicken Noodle Soup, with chicken
1 stalk celery, sliced
1/2 cup minced onion
3/4 cup rice
2 tbs. butter
12. oz. cooked black, or red beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp. ribbed sage, or ground thym2 cups water

Melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken, and brown it. Add herbs, onion, and celery, stir for5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for thirty minutes.

Italian Wedding Soup, but with Chicken balls:
I know you said no meatballs, however this is so good that you might want to reconsider.

Ingredients
Meatballs
8 oz. ground chicken
8 oz ground lamb
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs*
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 tsp minced fresh oregano
1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan
1 large egg
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbs. olive oil

Soup
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 1/4 cups 1/4-inch diced carrots
1 1/4 cups diced yellow onion
3/4 cup 1/4-inch diced celery
4 cloves garlic , minced (1 1/2 Tbs.)
5 (14.5 oz.) cans low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup dry acini de pepe or orzo pasta**
6 oz. fresh spinach , chopped
Finely shredded parmesan , for serving

Instructions:
Put meatball ingredients together, and form into marble-sized meatballs. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and roast at 375' F. for 40 minutes.

While the meatballs are roasting, prepare the veggies for the soup. Place the soup ingredients, except for the spinach, cheese, and pasta into a large soup ot. Bring to a simmer, and cover. When the meatballs are done, add to the soup. Simmer for ten minutes more. Add the Pasta (I prefer the orzo myself), and cook for ten minutes. Finally, add the chopped spinach, and simmer for ten minutes more. Serve with tasted Italian bread that has been cut lengthwise in half, brushed with extra virgin olive oil, and toasted under the broiler to golden brown. Remove the bread and rub with a raw garlic clove. Sprinkle both soup, and bread with Parmigiana Reggiano cheese.

3 more recipes to add to you list. Hope you like them:chef:.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

You know, you've inspired me! I'm going to have the Chicken burgers for lunch and then I thought of another recipe that would work equally well with Ground Chicken Thighs -- Martha Stewart's Turkey Skillet Pie recipe! I'm defrosting some ground turkey and will make the pie for dinner! Here's a link: https://www.marthastewart.com/1085617/one-pot-turkey-skillet-pie

NOTE: Instead of making her biscuits, I usually just use the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix instead. I'm not sure if you can find that where you are, but it simplifies the recipe for me. Although, I'm sure there are other things that one could make work too...or just use her original instructions.

Off the top of my head:
Indian Chicken patties - add a tsp of ground lentils, a tsp of coriander, cumin and chile pepper, s&p - fry and serve with raita.
Chinese pork and aubergines (eggplants) - but with chicken instead of pork.
Nasi Goreng (Indonesian rice)

I also make a lot of Mexican dishes with ground dark chicken or turkey, and chorizo is one thing I make and freeze in batches. The original recipe I use I still like best, though I reduce the fat considerably, using just the meat, and not adding the 1½ lbs fat to 3½ lbs meat!

Chorizo - Mexican style

5 lbs meat, pork, turkey, dark chicken
1 tb coriander seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp black peppercorns
3 tsp Mexican oregano
1/4 tsp ground cloves
4 tb pure ground chiles (I usually use one of my blends, or chimayo)
cayenne to taste - option, about 1 tsp.
salt to taste, about 2 tsp.
2 tb finely minced garlic
4 tb red wine or other flavorful vinegar

A. Toast coriander and cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat for a couple of minutes, and cool in a bowl. In a spice mill, grind together, with the oregano, cloves, cayenne, and peppercorns, until fine. Dump into a bowl, and add the pure chiles to the mill, and pulse a few times, to clean it out, and add to the spices, along with the garlic, salt, and vinegar, and mix well.

B. Cut meat into small cubes, about ½", and place in large bowl. Add season mix to the meats, and mix thoroughly.

C. Put through the meat grinder using a medium disk; this can be put into casings, but the meat is usually removed for cooking for Mexican dishes, so I just freeze in Foodsaver batches of 1/2, 3/4, or 1 lb. And for casings more fat is needed - otherwise, they are dry.

The other thing I use a lot of ground chicken dark meat or turkey for is Chinese food, in place of pork.

Cannot remember recipe name. Ingredients are spaghetti squash (cooked & removed from shell), Cooked ground chicken, and Alfredo sauce. A spaghetti squash is 150 calories. Season the chicken to your preference. Combine these ingredients and you havve a good meal.

Back
Top Bottom