ISO chicken and dumplings recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
I'm looking for a simple and QUICK chicken and dumplings recipe. I'm pressed for time today since daughter's been sick all day-been one of those hard days here at home. She's craving chicken and dumplings but have never made these before. HELP! Anyone have a recipe I can whip up in a few minutes? Much appreciated.

Do you have any flour tortillas? Cut them in strips, then cook in a good chicken broth. I have not tried this, but have several friends who have, and they say it is very good. I keep a few cans of chicken meat on hand for things like this.

If you can get frozen Reese noodles or dumplings in your area, they take longer to cook, but are very close to homemade.

If she wants the puffy kind, cut up canned biscuits, and put in your boiling broth.

Last edited:
Thank you Constance! I'll keep that in mind next time. Tonight, it was more like chicken a la king and french bread on the side instead. Quick and delicious! Too bad my daughter only had two tiny spoonfuls of it. I'm off to watching a movie with her on TV. Good night.

If you want noodle-like dumplings combine 1/3 cup whole wheat foulr and 2/3 cup ap flour (or use all ap) with 1 teaspoon salt. Lightly beat 1 egg and mix with a little milk, just enough so it somes together. Divide into pieces small enough to handle and roll out as thin or thick as you like. Repeat until all dough is used. You should let them dry a couple hours, but in a pinch you can cook them in the broth right away. They cook quickly. If you want a biscuit-like dumpling, mix 1 cup ap flour with 1 teaspoon baking powder. Add enough milk to make a wet, but thick dough. I use a serving spoon to drop onto bubbling broth. Cook, uncovered for 10 minutes, the covered for 10 minutes. These will be like a soft drop biscuit.

Wow! I love your ideas guys. Thanks a million. I will print and use these recipes next time. The chicken a la king wasn't too bad either. I used a Campbell's creamy chicken noodle soup can and tossed it over grilled onions, bell peppers and chicken pieces then tossed in some frozen peas. YUMMY!

Back
Top Bottom