ISO - Grilled Chicken Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHorses75

Assistant Cook
Unfortunately I can only cook basic dishes. So I just want to ask you how should I grill perfectly a chicken leg? Even in my kitchen there's a griddle.

Drizzle on some oil. Sprinkle a lot of coarse sea salt and pepper on the chicken parts, cook at 400 F for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350F, brush on BBQ sauce, cook for 40 minutes more.

How to cook it perfectly? Aren't you asking a lot?

Last edited:
Thank you! Sorry, I didn't want to look arrogant. I was just worried 'cause I have already tried to grill a chicken leg. Sadly when I switched off the gas, the meat wasn't cooked :(

Thank you! Sorry, I didn't want to look arrogant. I was just worried 'cause I have already tried to grill a chicken leg. Sadly when I switched off the gas, the meat wasn't cooked :(

It's a good idea to get an instant-read thermometer to make sure any meat is cooked to the proper temperature. Chicken legs and thighs should be cooked to 165°F.

It's a good idea to get an instant-read thermometer to make sure any meat is cooked to the proper temperature. Chicken legs and thighs should be cooked to 165°F.

I agree 100%. Especially for new cooks, an instant read thermometer is essential. While chicken is safe at 165 degrees, dark meat chicken is best at 180 degrees.
If you want to have stove top grilled chicken I'd lay a piece of foil on top of it for most of the cooking time, and then brush with barbeque sauce and continue grilling it uncovered to crisp up the skin. It will take some time..35 to 45 minutes of total cooking time is a guess, so keep the burner low enough not to burn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom