ISO ground white turkey recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
I have about a pound of white ground turkey defrosted and need some recipes that do not include chili or burgers. Thanks.:)

Do sweet and sour meatballs over rice Dina. I'm sure you can come up with a recipe but I'll check back later to see if you have.

(PS what were you doing up so late??)

You can use it in virtually ANY recipe that calls for ground meat. Which means literally any of a bazillion recipes. Since ground white-meat turkey is very lean, the only caveat would be to add a dollop of fat - i.e. extra-virgin olive oil, etc., depending on the nature of the recipe.

This is excellent:

TURKEY MEAT LOAF

2 cups chopped mushrooms
1½ cups finely chopped broccoli florets
1 cup finely diced green pepper
1 cup finely diced carrots
½ cup finely diced onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon oil
½ teaspoon celery seed

1 pound lean ground turkey (without skin)
⅓ cup catsup
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 dash Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 large egg whites (or Egg Beaters to equal)
1 cup dried bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

In a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat, cook first eight ingredients (mushrooms
through celery seed) until carrots are tender-crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside and
allow to cool a bit.

In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and add cooked vegetables. Mix with
hands until well blended. Lightly pat into a 4-inch by 8-inch loaf pan, or a 6-cup to 8-cup
terrine, gently rounding the top.

Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit in the middle of the oven until firm to the touch, about
45 minutes. For a browner top, finish by broiling about 3 inches from heat for a few
minutes. Allow meatloaf to stand for 10 minutes before slicing.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I went with Italian meatballs ~ onion powder, paprika, ground pepper, salt, garlic powder, dried basil and tons of parmesan cheese, pan seared in olive oil, topped with Prego sauce (yes, I cheat sometimes), simmered with sauce for 30 minutes and topped with fresh mozarella served with whole wheat spaghetti. VOILA! It worked like a charm and they were all gone!

The meatloaf sounds great! I will certainly try that next week when I get more ground turkey. I've also been mixing the turkey with a pound of angus ground beef for burgers and it's pretty delicious! Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom