ISO help with air-frying chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sheffieldyorky

Assistant Cook
I have a question for you; :idea:
I have a load of frozen chicken fillets (freezer drawer full) :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: about 20 and I want to start doing them in bread crumbs in the Cosori Air Fryer
I was in Tesco's yesterday and I have purchased some eggs, plain flour and some bread crumbs.
What are the quantities of each commodity.
I have two measuring jugs if that helps
I look forward to your response.
Kind regards
Tony
P.S I absolutely love to cook :chef:
:sleep:

I have an Omni Plus and usually cook dark meat, legs, thighs etc, so I can't help you other than to have you Google "cosori air fryer breaded chicken breast".

There are a number of interesting recipes, some from bloggers I have followed.

Good luck. :)

Ross

BTW Tony, welcome to DC..

Hey Tony.
I can´t advise you on how to use the air fryer, but to make the chicken fillets, place three plates or saucers on your kitchen counter.
put a few tbsps flour in one, a beaten egg in the other and breadcrumbs in the third.
Take a chicken fillet and season it with salt and pepper - or you may want to use a store-bought mixture of herbs or spices to season.
Dip the chicken in the flour, then dip in the egg, then dip in the breadcrumbs.
Airfry for however long you machine says to do so.
It´s a bit messy dipping in flour, egg and breadcrumbs - but don´t worry about that - it doesn´t affect the taste.

Hey Tony.
I can´t advise you on how to use the air fryer, but to make the chicken fillets, place three plates or saucers on your kitchen counter.
put a few tbsps flour in one, a beaten egg in the other and breadcrumbs in the third.
Take a chicken fillet and season it with salt and pepper - or you may want to use a store-bought mixture of herbs or spices to season.
Dip the chicken in the flour, then dip in the egg, then dip in the breadcrumbs.
Airfry for however long you machine says to do so.
It´s a bit messy dipping in flour, egg and breadcrumbs - but don´t worry about that - it doesn´t affect the taste.

Same here, and that's what I would do.

I just want to add two comments. That egg should be well beaten. And, try to keep one hand dry and use the other one for wet. It's easy to slip up, but it does help cut down on the accumulation of flour and bread crumb goo on your hands.

getting a coating / breading to 'stick' ....

the chicken/shrimp/fish whatever has to be dry - beaten egg does not adhere to a wet thing.
pat it dry, toss in plain unseasoned flour to 'ensure' dryness.

the beaten egg needs a slight bit of water to really work well - like a tablespoon/15ml per two eggs.

dip in egg wash, then dredge in flour/bread crumbs/cracker crumbs - whatever....

allow to rest on a rack for 15+ minutes before frying.

As for me, I like to pat the chicken dry, very well,
season the chicken,
using a shaker, dust the chicken very lightly, I like Rice Flour myself...
dip into an egg wash, letting most of the excess to drip off back into the wash,
dredge in seasoned bread crumbs (my preference is Panko)
place on a rimmed baking sheet with a wire rack,
let them sit in the refrigerator for at lest 15 minutes, if not longer

I must say though, I haven't tried it in the AF yet, I like to
shallow fry my breaded Chicken for the crunch factor, but I
will try it in the AF soon.

No progress yet
May thanks for all the above comments, I will let you know of any progress

If you want to go for the classic and most simple breading style, do what I did in the video I will embed below, it's different meat type but will work with chicken just as well. And obviously, ignore the fact that I fried it in oil later on, I just wanted to show you the breading procedure.

For some reason, the embed BBCODE doesn't let me set a specific time stamp, so skip to 1:47 in the video, to see what I'm talking about.

[youtube]80mj9cyXaqg[/youtube]

When using flour/egg/breadcrumbs you actually don't want to have the meat completely dry, it needs to be a bit moist so the flour sticks to it. Next come the eggs that will bind with the flour and breadcrumbs are the last step, they will stick to the egg. No need to add water to the eggs, just beat them properly and SEASON with salt and pepper. I also season the meat before breading it, when you do this, there is no need to season the crumbs anymore.

Last edited:
When using flour/egg/breadcrumbs you actually don't want to have the meat completely dry, it needs to be a bit moist so the flour sticks to it. Next come the eggs that will bind with the flour and breadcrumbs are the last step, they will stick to the egg. No need to add water to the eggs, just beat them properly and SEASON with salt and pepper. I also season the meat before breading it, when you do this, there is no need to season the crumbs anymore.
Many thanks for the response, I have viewed the video I have to admit I'm still learning, but as time goes on I am gaining more &more knowledge.
I am going to try this at the weekend when I have more time.
Thanks once again

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom