Italian Chickums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clutch

Washing Up
I just wanted to share my fave chix recipes with y'all.

NOTE: I don't normally cook with salt and when I do it's fresh ground sea salt. Also, these are recipes for two.

Italian Chickums (Marinade)

2-3 boneless skinless chix breasts
1 bottle of your favorite Italian dressing

Take the breasts and poke holes in them with a fork (this is to allow more marinade in). In a sealable container, splash a layer of dressing in the bottom. Place the first breast in and coat with dressing. Repete for the remaining breasts. You should still have a little dressing left over (about 1/3 bottle). Save that for cooking time.

Let marinate(sp) in fridge for as long as you wish (I prefer overnight at minimum). Heat a frying pan to low heat (cook these slowly) and put the left over dressing in the pan followed by the chicken breasts. Cook slowly in the dressing, turning as not to burn/brown either side. Cook till the dressing is gone and give the chicks a mild browning to each side. Serve hot with pasta splashed with extra virgin olive oil or rice and veggie of your choice. Chicks can also be cubed before cooking if so desired.

For those of you who don't like to wait for things to marinate, here's another version.

Italian Chickums (Seasoned)

2-3 boneless skinless chix breasts
Italian seasoning (Oragano, Parsely, Thyme)
Fresh ground pepper
1/2 lemon
Olive oil for sauteing

Coat the bottom of a frying pan with the olive oil. Bring to a med-low/med heat (as with the last recipe, cook slowly and cube if desired). Place chix in pan and lightly season the tops with the Italian seasoning and pepper. When you flip them season the "bottom" side as well with the same. Cook through, but cook slowly. Squeeze lemon and set juice aside. When the chicken is done, cut three slits at an angle on one side. Place on a plate (cut side up) and drizzle the lemon juice on them. Goes well with Pasta with Alfredo sauce. If cubed, try mixing into pasta.

DISCLAIMER: These are original recipes. I have been cooking these for 8 years. If they are similar to something you have made, I do apoligize, but it was not intentional.

Also, I do not know the nutritional value for any of the foods I make. I know that I eat more than I burn. ;) :LOL:

I hope you enjoy these recipes!

Clutch

Hey - no problem Clutch. I've been using bottled Italian dressing as a chicken marinade for about 30 years - lol!!! It's one of my favorite marinades for whole skin-on bone-in pieces of chicken that I'm just going to toss on the grill.

Yeah, It's just a little too cole for grilling here!! Plus I like the ease of boneless chicken better. I'm just an easy going guy. LOL!

I got some Honey Dijon chix marinating (going on 36 hours. OOPS!!) that I'm thinking about making tonight for lunch at work tomorrow. We'll see how that goes depending on how tired I am tonight. Home repair nights call for DELIVERY! LOL!

I use the heck out of Italian Salad Dressing, not only for chicken, but roasted potatoes and other vegies. I also use the packets of dry mix to season Italian Beef.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom