Italian Style Chicken Piccata

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
:chef: Buon Giorno Ladies & Gents,

This dish and recipe is far more American Italian than Italian as in Italia ... However, none the less is quite lovely ...

chicken piccata ... pollo al piccata ...

3 TBLSP. FLOUR ALL PURPOSE with a pinch of dried spices: oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, salt and parsley
1/2 TSP. BLACK, GREEN & ROSE FRESHLY GRINDED PEPPER
1/3 cup Dry Italian White Wine
1 pound of skinless and boneless chicken cutlets
3 tblsps. butter unsalted
2 tblsps. Evoo
1 1/2 tsps. fresh lemon juice

1. PLACE chicken cutlets on wax paper and pound to a 1/4 inch thickness
2. Dredge the cutlets in flour mixture, shaking off excess
3. In a heavy skillet, heat 2 tblsps butter and the Evoo until butter is melted
4. add dredged chicken and golden brown lightly on each side
5. place the chicken cutlets on a platter and tent to keep warm
6. add the wine and the lemon juice to the skillet and stir and scrape up brown bits and stir often, until thickened.
7. remove from heat and swirl in remaining butter and pour this sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.

Serve with: Dry White or Rosé Wine or Sparkling Wine, crusty warm bread and an arugula / rocket salad ...

Enjoy,
Ciao.
Margaux Cintrano.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love picccata sauce. I have had it with capers added and like that very much. You've got me thinking about dinner now. Hmmmm...

My variation on the theme is to deglaze with wine and a little chicken stock..adding fresh Tarragon....and lotsa capers....One of my favor-rites

I do it like Uncle Bob minus the tarragon (sounds good though). I have also done the same thing with pork,veal or cod and had good results. I season the meat a little before dredging with S&P,a little onion and garlic powder. I add my capers with some of the pickling juice.

Lynda,

Thank you for your reply and the Caper idea ! Have to give it a try ...

Always nice to have you comment on my posts,
Ciao,
Margi.

My variation on the theme is to deglaze with wine and a little chicken stock..adding fresh Tarragon....and lotsa capers....One of my favor-rites

I do it like Uncle Bob minus the tarragon (sounds good though). I have also done the same thing with pork,veal or cod and had good results. I season the meat a little before dredging with S&P,a little onion and garlic powder. I add my capers with some of the pickling juice.

I love picccata sauce. I have had it with capers added and like that very much. You've got me thinking about dinner now. Hmmmm...
delish margi!
i like to bread the chicken ( a la schnitzel) & add the sauce to the individual plates.that way IF there is any chicken leftover it's good cold in a sandwich.
a world without capers would be a cold,dark & lonely place.................:yum:!

Last edited:
4Meandthem, Uncle Bob & Harry: Thank You Gents

:yum: Buon Giorno Gentlemen,

Just a quick thank you note for all your suggestions and feedback.

Harry: Chicken cutlet on a baguette ... Now this is talking ...

4 Meandthem: I like the cod fish variation ! Thanks for the idea ...

Uncle Bob Gable: Of course, chicken stock would be a nice addition ...

Have a lovely Tuesday,
Ciao.
Margi.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom