Left over Turkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made extra everything just so I could make my turkey leftover dish.

I put dressing on the bottom. Next I add sliced turkey then smashed spuds. Over that I pour gravy. Then I seal it with foil and freeze. I make packages large enough for both Mom and me. Down the road a week or two we will have another turkey dinner.

We will be having warmed up left overs today and cold turkey & dressing sandwiches/goodies for the rest of the weekend though. Sunday the plan is to make Turkey soup with homemade noodles.:chef:

DH fried two turkeys, and most of the first one is gone. We had turkey sandwiches for lunch, and tonight, we'll heat up plates of leftovers (didn't have many). I'll make turkey salad (sandwich spread) out of the rest.

We'll split the second turkey with my daughter and family, and put our half in the freezer for later. I don't like to keep it too long, though. Turkey seems to pick up a "freezer" taste if you keep it very long.

I love all the dishes you mentioned.

My favorite. Turkey salad. Run the meat through a grinder, add miracle whip(I Like it better than Mayonaise!), add some pickle relish, celery, salt, pepper. Serve on bread with lettuce...

Another option, leave out the pickle relish, toss in walnuts, seedless grape halves, chunks of apple, small marshmallows and then stir in some Cool Whip along with the Miracle whip... Turkey Waldorf Salad......

I put the carcass into the freezer on Thanksgiving evening. From everything I gleaned from that I made sandwiches, 4 bit pot pies (1 for Lou to take home, 1 for my son to take home, 1 for my exhusband and kept one for my daughter and I), turkey alfredo with fettucine as well.

Looks like it's time for me to ask the question once again....

"What are these left overs you speak of?" :huh:

I think we're having hamburgers tonight.

We're having Turkey Tettrazini tonight. I make mine the easy way, with crm of chicken and crm of mushroom soups, canned mushrooms, pimentos and sliced black olives with parmesan cheese on top.

Back
Top Bottom