Left Over Turkey (merged)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
college_cook said:
Thanksgiving sandwich! That's the only leftover you should ever eat after thanksgiving! It's defintely one of my favorites, and I look forward to it every year, nearly as much as Thanksgiving itself.

Called a Hot Brown, an open faced hot turkey sandwich created at The Brown Hotel:

http://www.brownhotel.com/hotbrown.php3

I'm not a fan of turkey but I'll eat this, you betcha!

Fraidy

We can't break with tradition. Everyone wants a turkey sandwich and turkey rice/noodle soup. If there is anything left I make a pot pie using leftover veggies and gravy.

college_cook said:
Thanksgiving sandwich! That's the only leftover you should ever eat after thanksgiving! It's defintely one of my favorites, and I look forward to it every year, nearly as much as Thanksgiving itself.

I feel exactly the same way about the day after turkey sandwich, however this year my wife and I am on a BBQ kick so we did something a little diffrent. I shreaded the leftover turkey and mixed in some Honey KC Masterpiece sauce and made some sandwiches like that. It was pretty good, my wife actually liked it better than the pork version I made last week.

similar to the turkey Kiev style I mentioned earlier in here, you could also use the blitzed up meat with herbs/spices (it comes out almost powdery) and add it to Wonton mix or make some sausages or even use it as a thickener or put it in with meat loaf mix, there`s a million and 1 ways you can hide it if you`re Really sick of turkey :)

Back
Top Bottom