Lime_thyme chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeliciousBali

Assistant Cook
Somewhere I read that chicken gets especially tender if you cook it in milk. I tried that combined with my recipe for chicken with limes and thyme, and indeed it was very tender and delicious.

Here is the recipe :chef:
For 2 people
2 chicken thighs
1 chicken breast
3 limes
6 springs of fresh thyme
1 green chili
5 cloves of garlic
4 small red onions
200ml milk
200ml chicken broth

amhtIQy.jpg

1. Rub the chicken thighs with 1 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper and put them aside. Slice the lemons and chili, cut the garlic cloves in half and the onions in quarters. Peel the onions before, but leave the skin on the garlic; if it is roasted you can remove it easy and it gives more taste. Crush the thyme a little bit in a mortar (or use a pan and a cutting board) for getting more taste out of it.

2. Heat up a pan or wok (heat proof; you have to put it in the oven) with olive oil; add the thighs with the skin side down and roast until golden brown, turn them around and add the breast, garlic and onions. Roast for about 3 minutes (turn the breast after 1-2 minutes); Deglaze with milk and chicken broth, then cover everything with lime slices and thyme and put it in the oven (180°) for 30 minutes with the lid on. If you don’t have a fire proof pan, fill it in ovenware or an oven bag.

3. For a crispy skin of the chicken tights remove the breast and slice it for the plates. Meanwhile bake the tights again under high top heat or grill function for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy!

Looks good. I would imagine that the green chile is of the spicy variety, like a serrano, jalapeno or Thai? I've never really considered chicken to be tough!?! Sometimes we'll soak it in butter milk, which has some "tenderizing" properties, but it is done for flavor.

Last edited:
Looks good. I would imagine that the green chile is of the spicy variety, like a serrano, jalapeno or Thai? I've never really considered chicken to be tough!?! Sometimes we'll soak it in butter milk, which has some "tenderizing" properties, but it is done for flavor.

Right about the chicken being tender already. I think recipes like this are holdovers from many years ago when chickens were older before they were eaten and so were tougher.

Sounds like a good recipe. I don't think I've seen lime and thyme together before. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom