Ms. Mofet's Sesame Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Ms. Mofet's Sesame Chicken

4 Servings
  • Peanut oil or Canola oil (for frying)
For the Chicken
  • 1.5 to 2 lb (about 3 or 4 large depending on size) boneless/skinless (or cut off bone) chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 TBS brown sugar
  • 2 - 3 drops sesame oil or to taste
  • 2 drops Hot chili sesame oil (or 1 shake red pepper flakes) - or to taste
  • 1 TBS sherry wine (optional)
  • Cornstarch to coat chicken
For the Sauce
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup chicken broth
  • 1 - 2 TBSP sesame oil - or to taste
  • 2 - 3 tsp Fresh ginger root (or 1 tsp ground ginger) or to taste; grated or minced fine
  • 1 or 2 large clove garlic (about 1/2 TBS) or to taste; grated or minced fine
  • 1 TBSP brown sugar
  • 2 TBSP Apricot preserves
  • 2 drops Hot chili sesame oil (or 1 shake red pepper flakes) - or to taste
  • Slurry of 3 - 4 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
Note: I use a microplane (rasp type) grater for the garlic and ginger.

Garnish
  • 1 TBS Sesame Seeds or to taste - toasted in a dry pan till golden
  • 2 Green Onions or to taste - white & green parts sliced
  1. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes
  2. Combine chicken ingredients EXCEPT cornstarch and let marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
  3. Drain chicken (discard marinade) and toss/coat in cornstarch.
  4. Heat 2 inches oil in heavy 10 inch frying pan (I used cast iron) till a drop of water sizzles when it hits the oil (stand back and be careful when doing this).
  5. Add chicken in small batches to oil and keep moving it around until completely cooked (180°F).
  6. Remove from pan and drain on brown paper bag or paper towel.
  7. Combine all sauce ingredients EXCEPT cornstarch in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
  8. Slowly add cornstarch slurry to the sauce and heat and stir until desired thickness.
  9. Add the chicken to the sauce and toss to coat.
  10. Place on serving dish.
  11. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
Note: You can use a deep fryer if you want. Fill, heat and cook the chicken following the users guide/directions.

(You can substitute pork for the chicken)

img_1121472_0_cb4e4ed004f0b1c8b2f3b2e52c7c4141.jpg

My daughter, who is a better cook than I, is coming to visit. I'll copy this and save it -- we'll cook it together. Thanks.

Thank you, msmofet, I've copied it and printed out a hard copy. Looks like something I could eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, appetizer, or snack!

I love Chinese food. I will making this on friday but I will not be frying the chicken just Browning it up. Makes it a little healthier... Lol!

Ms M-- Thanks for your several Asian recipes. I especially like Sesame Chicken. I made this as a special dish, I think it was around Valentine's day. It's about time to make it again. I copied/ saved your recipe and want to try it soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom