Mushroom Stuffing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Mushroom Stuffing
Yields: approximately 10 c or enough to stuff a 12 # bird

1 # Fresh mushrooms
10 bunches Green onions
1 c Butter or margarine (2 sticks)
12 c Coarse ground soft white bread crumbs (24 slices)
1 t Salt

Wash mushrooms and trim; chop caps and stems. There will be about 5 ½ c. Trim onions and slice. There will be about 6 c. Sauté mushrooms and onions in butter in a large frying pan 10 minutes, or just until wilted. Pour over bread crumbs in a large bowl; sprinkle with salt; toss lightly until evenly moist.

Constance, that was my thought. It is a wonderful recipe, but I don't stuff my turkey so I would use it for other things. Perhaps we will have some ideas on what would be nice stuffed with the tasty mixture.

My mind instantly yelled to me - BEEF! Take that wonderful mixture and spread it onto a flat roast. I like to use a good round chuck of meat, like a chuck-arm, and start at the top, then slice about a half inch thick, turning the roast until the whole thing is a flat slab of meat. Then spread the mushroom/onion/breadcrumb filling on this, and re-roll it. Tie it off with butcher's string, and roast until medium rare (140 degrees, f. with a meat thermometer). Of course, a bit of coarse-grind black pepper would go well with this dish as well. And what do we call this wonderful creation? Come on, all of you who know either French or German cusine. I am challenging you to name this dish. It's one of my all time favorite ways to cook a slab of meat. Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Would this be something like a roulade? perhaps Allen's beef/mushroom roulade? or something similar?

I was just thinking of making stuffed squash, and was going to post an ISO vegetarian stuffed squash recipe. I think I could use your recipe! Thanks! Sandyj

mmm Sandyj, sounds great! Maybe add some pinenuts and/or cheese for protein.

Lee

I love to pair pork and mushrooms together, and this would be excellent in a pork loin, or baked seperately and eaten along with some pork chops - yum! Thanks Allen :)

licia said:
Would this be something like a roulade? perhaps Allen's beef/mushroom roulade? or something similar?

Roulade de Beouf Alain? Please forgive the spelling.

Y'all are gonna make me blush!

Back
Top Bottom