Nouveau chicken salad with avocado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
Nuveau chicken salad with avocado

-450g/1lb boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and diced
(alternatively the chicken can be prepared by boiling in a light broth with a bayleaf)
-75g/3oz bacon crispily cooked and flaked
-50g cashew, crushed and toasted
-2 big plump ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
-mixture of mayonnaise and sour cream, as needed to coat the ingredients sufficiently, but not to drown them
-dash of black pepper.

combine all the ingredients, wonderful by itself, or filling for flour tortilla or flatbread...

Buon Appetito!!

Licia:chef:

I'll make this for Paul. It sounds just like his kind of dish. Thanks!

Yes!! Chicken and avocado can be a lovely combination!! I also love guacamole on my chicken fajitas, and a slice of avocado with provolone cheese (or similar cheese) on top of a grilled chicken breast!!

this recipe sounds great...looks like im gona be using this to get rid of my chicken breat tomoro :D

Glad you liked this idea, and I bet you will like the salad itself even more!! You can also precook the chicken beforehand, if you are going to eat it tomorrow.
It is also a great idea when you have some leftover chicken!!:chef:

Recipes like this are a good reason to grill a couple extra pieces of chicken! Extra grilled chicken just doesn't seem to last long in my house.

Yeah, jkath, if I knew you any better at the time of posting this recipe (I realize now I posted it right after joining here...) I would have PMed it specially to you as well:-p

French baguette would be delicious with this salad!!:chef:

Back
Top Bottom