Pecan Crusted Chicken--TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Pecan Crusted Chicken

2 Tbsp orange marmalade
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1 c finely chopped pecans
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 ¼ lb total)
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 Tbsp butter

In a small bowl stir together orange marmalade and maple syrup. Set aside. In a shallow dish combine the pecans, flour, and salt. Brush marmalade mixture onto both sides of chicken breast halves. Dip into pecan mixture to coat, pressing pecan mixture onto chicken, if necessary.

In a 12” skillet heat oil and butter over medium heat until butter melts and the mixture begins to bubble. Add chicken and cook for 6 minutes. Turn chicken. Cook for 6-9 minutes more or until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Watch closely and reduce heat if chicken browns too quickly.

That sounds good PA. Do the nuts soften when cooked or is it a crunchy crust?

Your recipe sounds great, PA Baker. I will definitely try it. I do something similar with chicken breasts only instead of brushing them with a sweet marinade, I let them marinate for at least 30 minutes in a mixture of olive oil, soy or worcheshire (sp?) sauce, crushed garlic, a sprinkle or two of Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. When ready to cook, I roll them in a mixture of crushed nuts with a little grated Parmesan cheese added. I line my baking pan with parchment paper (nothing ever sticks) and bake them at 375ºF for about 15-20 until the juices run clear. They are tender and moist -- a favorite around here!!

auntieshelly said:
Your recipe sounds great, PA Baker. I will definitely try it. I do something similar with chicken breasts only instead of brushing them with a sweet marinade, I let them marinate for at least 30 minutes in a mixture of olive oil, soy or worcheshire (sp?) sauce, crushed garlic, a sprinkle or two of Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. When ready to cook, I roll them in a mixture of crushed nuts with a little grated Parmesan cheese added. I line my baking pan with parchment paper (nothing ever sticks) and bake them at 375ºF for about 15-20 until the juices run clear. They are tender and moist -- a favorite around here!!

Ah, well for us lo-carbers, your recipe sounds terrific, auntshelly! Will copy and save - thanks!

Lee

I didn't get to try the nut crusted chicken until Saturday. It was wonderful
my kids liked it too. It is rich the only problem was the side dishes were
very rich too. next time i will make different sides but it was very good
and will cook more with nuts.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom