Poaching chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
Why does something so simple become so complicated. LOL

I guess the confusion comes from some people say leave it on the heat - some people say bring it to a light boil and take it off the heat.

Some people say once you take it off the heat - keep it in the pan with cover on for 15 minutes, some people say 30 minutes.

How do you guys poach your chicken? and I'm talking 1-2 boneless chicken breasts (not a WHOLE chicken).

Thanks,
: )

Mary

10 -12 minutes at low simmer-- check the internal temp if unsure. look up jaques pepin's chicken tonnato ,it probably has a video ' that's about the only recipe that I poach chicken. Hold on, you poach chicken for chicken pot pie as well except that you already browned it off first( I use chicken thighs for that )
the Tonnato is outstanding for lunch- I just checked - just google Jacques Pepin Chicken Tonnato and it comes up right away on kqed ,his series Fast Food my Way with a video as well--Listen to the Master
best regards gage

Seems a lot of people take it off the hit put cover on and leave it for 20min to 30 minutes or so. Instead of leaving it on the hit and simmering.

Back
Top Bottom