Quick and Easy Chicken 'N Biscuits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great biscuit recipe, GG. I knew I had heard before of adding cold butter to the mixture, but couldn't seem to locate a recipe. Any bread recipe that does not involve a rise, proof or rest is AOK in my book!

O dear. Knives in luggage. Maybe Andy should have kept better tabs of his plastic cutlery. And it's supposed to be Cold Drinks with little umbrellas in the glass.

O dear. ...it's supposed to be Cold Drinks with little umbrellas in the glass.

...and that's what we do, except for the umbrellas. There's a duty free shop in the Aruba airport. We stop and buy a bottle of dark rum and one of gin. The super market provides fruit juice and 20 ounce plastic cups. I don't remember any more than that.

i think i'll be making this tomorrow for dinner. probably over mashed spuds, unless i can learn how to make biscuits in a day. :neutral:

do you think skim milk would work, pac? that way i can sell it to dw as "healthy".

i think i'll be making this tomorrow for dinner. probably over mashed spuds, unless i can learn how to make biscuits in a day. :neutral:

do you think skim milk would work, pac? that way i can sell it to dw as "healthy".

I've made this more without milk than with, BT, so I'm sure skim milk would work. It lightens up the color more than anything.
But yeah, it will be *healthier* ;)

Thanks, Fred, for the wonderful meal. We had it last night over some of the leftover biscuits. It was awesome. Love the flavor the thyme gives the whole dish. And, goody, there's enough left to have for supper again tonight. And perfect, too, because it's cold (near freezing) and rainy here. Perfect meal for this kind of weather.

Thanks, again!

Or do what I did and open up a bag of those frozen Pillsbury biscuits :rolleyes:

I think for this Sunday I will make some Swedish meatballs with homemade biscuits. The Pirate is coming over to watch DA again and is looking forward to being fed by Mommy. Although I could just feed him biscuits and he would be happy. :angel:

Bisquik

Try the recipe I posted. It's easy - they're drop biscuits, so they don't have to be rolled and cut.
Can you please post the link

I think for this Sunday I will make some Swedish meatballs with homemade biscuits. The Pirate is coming over to watch DA again and is looking forward to being fed by Mommy. Although I could just feed him biscuits and he would be happy. :angel:
Have you posted the Swedish Meatball recipe? If so please post link.

msmofet, I posted it earlier in this thread on 1/24. :) And here they are:

ForumRunner_20130126_112831.jpg

Back
Top Bottom