Quick and Easy Chicken 'N Biscuits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
Chicken 'N Bicuits is big around here. Any dinor (it's a regional spelling) worth their salt makes it year 'round, though I tend to eat and make it for myself more in the Winter. Served on biscuits, rice or mashed potatoes it hits the spot and fills your belly.
I call this quick 'n easy because I use leftover chicken and store bought broth. Too make it even quicker I diced the chicken rather than shredding it, though I do prefer shredded chicken. The biscuits were already cooking and I needed to save time somwhere...

Sweat some veggies over medium heat using EVOO and butter. And in this instance; carrots, celery, onion and mushrooms. Plus some S&P.
img_1232136_0_8659a60e789ab81aa7cd90eae5f482ea.jpg

Add some more butter, the cooked chicken and whatever spices you desire. At this point I added some fresh thyme and a little more more S&P. Sometimes I just add a dash of poultry seasoning if that's all I have.
img_1232136_1_a177a09aa4fcf680c87296325608740e.jpg

Then add some flour and keep stirring. I added about 2TBS.
The way I cook, when I am making a gravy I find it easier to add flour to my solids before adding any liquids. The flour won't lump up this way. There are ways around that of course, but this is fool proof and easy. I don't even like the word slurry ;)
You can see the flour in spots starting to brown in the juices. Time to add the broth.
img_1232136_2_8e382f4574b68f8f88f020e9827ce6a1.jpg

Add the broth and turn up the heat. Let it simmer/boil a short while while stirring. I used about 1-1/2 cups of broth.
img_1232136_3_6d07e363dd428f9ba92b914f1acd7a48.jpg

Turn down the heat and add some milk or cream. Not necessary, but a nice addition. Let it warm and thicken. About 1/4c of cream here.
img_1232136_4_14d535815b735c15cfb1d2d9f012a6ed.jpg

Eat.
img_1232136_5_cb2e8454b9fe51c9f4bef66cbf02c6db.jpg

That looks really good, Pac!

Shrek's Birthday Chicken and Dumplings turned out great!...no pics though, we ate it too fast.

Your dinner looks good Pac. I do similiar, except for the "quick and easy" part.

After I make the stew, then it gets put in a baking dish. I put raw biscuits on top and bake until the biscuits are done. If doing this extra step, make sure the chicken mix is hot, otherwise the biscuits will be soggy on the bottom for some reason even though they are baked and done on top. In other words, don't bring out a leftover pan from the frig and think it's going to be hot chicken and biscuits with fresh biscuits. The biscuits get done too fast.

I like to serve plenty of extra biscuits on the side with butter and then jelly or honey. A nice filling meal.

Whiska, I've seen it done that way, with the biscuits cooking on top. That would make a nice presentation for family style serving.

wow, that looks good pac.

c&p'd. thanks. :chef:

i know what you mean about good diner food hitting the spot. i love good american diner food, as opposed the more ethnic diners we have here on the east coast.

your chix n bix reminds me of upstate ny diner food that we often get on skiing trips. i'm looking forward to that in the next 2 months or so.

Thanks bt.
Diners; home of chicken n biscuits and open faced sandwiches. Gotta replenish those carbs when skiing ;)

oh man, i love a plate of an open faced turkey on white toast, a big glop of mashed potatoes on the side, and extra gravy on it all.

and a teeny bowl of steamed mixed veggies, lol.

It is pictures like that, that make me want to get out into the kitchen and cook, cook, and cook some more. :angel:

It is minus 3 here in Central NY this morning and I think I'll be putting a pot of this together today. Thanks

-3F?! :ohmy:
It's warmer up here by the lake... 9 this morning ;)
And I'll be having this for my lunch today, too.

Thanks. Thanks Addie. I'm a big believer in pics so I can see if something looks amiss as I go.

Thank you, Fred. It's colder than crap here today and I have a bunch of chopped chicken in the freezer, a package of fresh mushrooms in the crisper and, if there are any left when I get home today, a bunch of biscuits. The rest of the ingredients I always have on hand. I know what we'll be having for supper tonight. Yeah!!!

That really looks good. With the weather in the single digits this morning, a bowl/plate of that would really hit the spot.

Thanks guys.
Make yourself up a plate when you're in Aruba, Andy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nice hot and steamy chicken n biscuits... mmmm :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom