Quick Question: Should Chicken Smell Like This?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a high school friend who's father owned a grocery store. The chicken came in big waxed boxes, and it was her job to unpack them and bag them up to be weighed and priced. She hated the job...said they smelled awful!

My dad grew up on the farm, and he had to help singe and pluck the chickens. He hated the smell, and if he happened to come in my house when I was boiling a chicken, he turned around and went right back out the door.

Try sprinkling lemon juice on the chicken...makes it smell better, and freshens the tastre. Actually, a little lemon juice brings out the flavor in lots of foods!

I've never had a raw chicken which smelled bad. I would throw it away, to be safe.

With love,
~Cat

Has anyone noticed packaged fresh chicken legs are bigger now? I mean...lol, they're bigger. I guess that's a good thing, but some are approaching the size of almost small turkey drumsticks. Are chickens being grown larger before slaughter or what?

From a 5 pack I get 2 fairly normal sized drumsticks and 3 that are almost ginormous. It's probably my imagination.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom