REC- Chicken Scampi TNT - freezer recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Chicken Scampi

Chicken Scampi

This is one of my freezer recipes.

The amount on the left makes 4 meals for 4 people each, and the amount in parenthesis on the right makes 3 meals for a family of 3 each. (Or use it all for a potluck)
These are my measurements, and they've been tried many times, but they're not exact percentage breakdowns, rather, my own tastebuds at work :chef:

**It's really important that you use the "Homade" brand chili sauce. I've tried it with others and it just isn't as good)

Here's what you do on "Prep Day"

10 cloves of garlic (6)
2-1/2 Tbsp parsley, chopped (1-3/4 T)
1 c. fresh lemon juice (1/2 c. + 2 Tbsp)
2 c. white wine (1-1/4 c.)
2 c. olive oil (1-1/2 c.)
1-1/3 Tbsp salt (1 Tbsp)
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp garlic powder (1 Tbsp + 2 tsp)
3/4 c. oregano {yes, 3/4 cup} (1/2 c.)
2 c. "Homade" brand chili sauce (1-1/4 c.)
16 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4" cubes (10)

Combine all ingredients. Mix well.

Divide into family-sized portions and freeze each portion in a good quality freezer bag. Lay each one flat in the freezer till it's frozen, and then stack them like books to save space.

Here's what you do on "Cooking Day:
Cook contents of one freezer bag on low setting of crock pot 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
Serve over hot cooked angel hair pasta.

Last edited:
Julie - I was actually thinking of you when I posted - you'll love it!
It's great to have in the freezer when you find out you'll be having guests the next evening!

Jkath I came her looking for a new way to do chicken and thanks to you, I found it. Your recipe sounds great, but I do not have angel hair but will use soba noodles instead. Thanks again

I had this for a late lunch today, it was GRRRRRRRRRREAT! I only used 4 chicken breasts though. I had one chicken breast over some rice. The other three I froze in freezer baggies with some sauce. So, each time I want it, all I will have to do is reheat and have it over rice again or pasta.

I have brought it to potlucks (still in the crock pot, and then plugged it in) and it seems to get eaten up pretty quickly:chef:

What kind of wine do you use? ......I know to cook with what you drink........I've been buying different types to try and only have found one so far that I like in the white wine catagory.

I'm allergic to almost all wines (sulfite issues), so when I drink, it's ususally Berringer White Zinfandel or Sutter Home White Zinfandel, as well as a few late harvest muscats, which are dessert wines.
When cooking though, I like to use chardonnay. Get an inexpensive one, such as the Sutter Home brand, and see what you think.
I was hoping you'd see this post, since you said you weren't sure what to get for your grocery shopping day :chef:

Thanks Jkath.....I'll give the Sutter Home Chardonnay a try......your recipe sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it. I just need the wine and chili sauce.....hopefully I can find that Homade brand. Since I've never bought chili sauce I have no idea. What other things can you use that chili sauce for?

first, here's what that brand looks like:

(it's the round dark red jar)
It's good on a lot of stuff, even over cream cheese with crackers. You can also use it warmed over a mexican omelette. Pretty much whatever you're in the mood for that day :chef:

When I make my scampi, sometimes I put in more just because I like it.

it's definately in grocery stores - usually the chili sauces are near the condiments, like ketchup, mustard, etc.. or it's with the marinated stuff like green olives and hearts of palm.
The first time I was looking for it, I couldn't find it and had to ask for help. Turns out I was in the right spot, but I didn't look up on the top shelf!

Back
Top Bottom