Rec.Chicken Wings w/ BBQ Mikey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
Tonight I made Chicken Wings.
Not Excited? Well I made the absolute best chicken wings ever.
I worked at a Pizza/Wing Pub for a while and I picked up their secret.

Here it is for all of you. Cook em twice, maybe 3 times! Seriously, otherwise you wont get em crispy like ya want em.

For me, I used a wok, haha wokawoka. No seriously, fried em at high (400) for 10 minutes, removed, shook em free of excess oil, then baked em (425) for a few minutes (approx. 5) to get a different prespective on them. After that I put em back in ye olde frier for another 10 Minutes on high, turning vigorously to evenly cook them.

I removed them then salted them with garlic salt, dashed feverishly with franks hot sauce, swiped them all with honey, then topped with cattleman's honey bbq sauce. The best Honey BBQ wings this side of the mississippi.

Served with taterz and slaw. The slaw recipe is also worth taking note of...
here it is..

Im from the North, but a country boy at heart.

Heres my "Northern Tangy" Slaw recipe

Cabbage, shredded Carrots, Red/white onion, few dabs of relish, 1-3 tbsp. white vinegar (depending on how much slaw) 1-3 tbsp. red cooking wine, a bit of mayo, not much at all, and a hint of honey mustard. salt & pepper. mix well. refridgerate for a few hours.

bon appetite, its sweet with a tangy kick! great on sandwhiches, really!

:chef:

by the way, I printed out your recipe for cole slaw. I'm going to try it some time. Not sure when yet though.

For the Slaw recipe, make sure that you refrigerate it for a day or two, that way all the flavors "mingle". I recommend shaking/stirring it up a few times before serving. :chef:

You cant miss if you fry the wings twice, it works better than just frying them twice as long, I can't explain why it is, it just is.

BBQ Mikey said:
Heres my "Northern Tangy" Slaw recipe
Cabbage, shredded Carrots, Red/white onion, few dabs of relish, 1-3 tbsp. white vinegar (depending on how much slaw) 1-3 tbsp. red cooking wine, a bit of mayo, not much at all, and a hint of honey mustard. salt & pepper. mix well. refridgerate for a few hours.

Hi. I never made cole slaw before and decided to follow this. I didnt have honey mustard, so substituted it for dijon mustard.Anyways, I guess I"m wondering how much cabbage goes with the estimated amounts of relish, white vinegar ect. I'm not having the cole slaw until tonight, but tasted it. It tasted very good, but maybe too much vinegar. I added some more cabbage. I just made a smal batch and I believe I used 2 tablespoons of red cooking wine and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar. Now I can't remember how much cabbage I used. darn it. Maybe in the end a total of a cup or cup in a half.

legend_018 said:
Hi. I never made cole slaw before and decided to follow this. I didnt have honey mustard, so substituted it for dijon mustard.Anyways, I guess I"m wondering how much cabbage goes with the estimated amounts of relish, white vinegar ect. I'm not having the cole slaw until tonight, but tasted it. It tasted very good, but maybe too much vinegar. I added some more cabbage. I just made a smal batch and I believe I used 2 tablespoons of red cooking wine and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar. Now I can't remember how much cabbage I used. darn it. Maybe in the end a total of a cup or cup in a half.

I mean you really do season to taste in this situation, as long as it comes out alright. My version of slaw is vinegary, since i prefer the taste of wine and vinegar on my slaw as opposed to mayo. Recently I made this type slaw with no honey mustard or mayo, i just added more salt and pepper. The wine/vinegar combo is what really brings the taste out, I use red cooking wine. I often use it as a topping for sandwhiches, Ill post a recipe soon. Hope everything came out alright!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom