Roast Chicken with Balsamic Bell Pepper Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aburke78

Assistant Cook
This is one of my favorite recipes that I make for my family. It's healthy, unique and mouth watering!!!

Ingredients

sea salt (optional)
freshly ground black pepper
3/4 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
4 (4-6 oz each) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
6 Tbs olive oil, divided
1 large shallot, thinly sliced
2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2 medium red bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup chicken broth
1 Tbs balsamic vinegar

Instructions

Ok everyone, first Preheat oven to 450℉.

Next, you want to combine 1/2 tsp salt, fennel seeds, 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder and oregano.

Brush the chicken with 2 tsp oil, and apply the spice rub over chicken.

Heat a large skillet over med-high heat, and add 2 tsp olive oil.

Add the chicken breasts and cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn each piece and cook 1 minute more.

Remove the chicken from the pan and arrange in a large baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until fully cooked.

Meanwhile, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat in the same large skillet used to brown the chicken (do not wash it first).

When the pan is hot, add shallots and rosemary, and sauté 3-5 minutes, or until shallots are translucent.

Add the peppers, and stir in broth, scraping pan to loosen all the flavorful brown bits.

Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add vinegar and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook 3 minutes more, stirring frequently.

Drizzle this delicious sauce over your chicken. Get creative with it! :chef:

Wine Pairing: I personally enjoy a nice Pinot Noir with this dish, but if you want to go white, I would suggest a nice Pies porter to offset the Balsamic.

just wondering....if I added a few chicken thighs also...what would that do to the cooking time??? I love the boneless chicken breast...my hubby...wants his thighs!!!

In response to the cooking time on the thighs, I would cook those for approx. 10 minutes. Stick a knife into them and if the juices run clear, your good....Thanks for the question

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom