Roast Duckling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you roasting it right now? Or is this a future meal?

And are you looking for actual roasting method advice, or sauces/sides, etc.?

When you roast a duck make sure you put it on a rack since they are very greasy. This allows the grease to fall through to the bottom of the pan.

Actually, these days the only way I roast a duck is on my indoor rotisserie. No smoke, no greasy spattering, & a juicy, crisp-skinned, nearly fat-free bird. WONDERFUL!!! Don't know how I managed all these years without it. I'm only sad that it's not quite wide/long enough to do a goose.

If you are roasting one in a conventional oven, I suggest you consult Julia Child's The Way To Cook & follow her steam-roasting method. I use it every Xmas to do the holiday roast goose, & just like rotisserie cooking, you end up with a juicy, crisp-skinned, nearly fat-free bird.

Last edited:
we always roasted duck or goose by pricking the fat pockets and draining the fat (nicely rendered, and usable for other dishes!) we emptied the roaster twice for a duck three times for a goose. we also basted the bird with vodka to help act as an astringent. beautifully browned and crispy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom