Seared Almond Chicken Recipe (tnt)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
When I made this last night I followed my original recipe because DH likes it plain but you can also season the bread crumbs any way you like. I've used some garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and I really like throwing in a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Leftovers are also wonderful on a salad with honey mustard dressing.

Seared Almond Chicken
¾ c dry breadcrumbs
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp water
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2--2 lb). If they're thick, pound to about 1/2" thickness.
1 ½ c sliced almonds, broken into pieces
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 400F.

In a wide bowl or on a dinner plate mix together the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and any other seasonings. In a shallow bowl or pie plate beat together the eggs and water. Place the almonds in another bowl or plate. Dip chicken in the egg, removing any excess, then in breadcrumbs to lightly coat entire breast, back in the egg and then coat completely with the almonds. Repeat with other 3 pieces and set aside on a large platter (in a single layer).

Heat an oven-proof skillet (at least 12") over medium to medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil and swirl until two are mixed and butter is melted. Add chicken, tops of breasts down. Sautee chicken until browned, about 3 minutes. Flip chicken pieces and repeat. Place pan in oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes more.

We use an almost identical method to cook fillets of ocean perch (or any firm meaty white fish would be fine with this...) one of our favourite ways to enjoy the fish, but I am sure it is also delicious with chicken breasts, too!!:)

Back
Top Bottom