Senseh Fowl soup with spinner.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kali-Ann G

Assistant Cook
Jah bless all,

OK so Senseh Fowl is Patois for chicken. This not for everyone this use chicken feet, it is also call Steppas, it sold in all Jamaican markets from guys on their push cart. Huge big pots over charcoal in old car wheels. It delicious man, me love sucking everything of the bones. One of the first thing me go for when me home. This very old man it goes back hundreds of year, my nanna told me it first mention in a book was 1768 it believed it origins in Guyana, but it true origin probably west Africa long time before. You will not find this in restaurants man, me never have anyways.

So here we go man.

1/2 pound chicken feet. (You get a lot of them)
1 litre chicken stock.
4 clove Garlic.
1 cup flour.
pinch sea salt.
1/2 onion slice up.
1 sprig fresh thyme.
1 green onion.
1 scotch bonnet.
Good grind black pepper.
3 nice carrot.
6 Okra.
Chopped green banana, pumpkin and yam.

Chop them nails off of the feet, cut each foot in half, and wash well. Soak the feet in water for five minutes.
Bring the stock or water to a simmer. If using soup mix, add it at the end with the scotch bonnet, salt, and pepper.
Add the garlic and simmer for 5 minute. Increase the heat to a boil man.
Add the chicken feet and boil for 10 minute.
Mix the flour and a pinch of salt with water until it has a medium dough consistency. Pinch off a small amount of the dough and roll it in your hands to form a “spinner”. Add the spinner to the pot and repeat until you’ve used all of the dough.
Add the green onion, onion, thyme, okra, carrots, and the potato, green banana, pumpkin, and yam. Stir the pot and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
Add the scotch bonnet pepper, salt, and black pepper. Cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until all the vegetable are tender.
Serve it hot. Goes well with bread man.

Jah bless,

Kali-Ann

This is available in the Jamaican restaurants here. I'm just not in to chicken feet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom