Show me your best turkey pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
These are my best. And they tasted as good as they looked.:yum:

Show us your best turkey, or other Thanksgiving proteins, be it fowl, a roast, seafood, or whatever. So sad. l I can't find my roast goose pictures. Ah well.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• Turkey on a Grill.jpg
    Turkey on a Grill.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Turkey on a Platter.jpg
    Turkey on a Platter.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Smoked Butt 4.jpg
    Smoked Butt 4.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 48
Chief, I don't usually stop to take a photo of our Thanksgiving turkey but I did snap this pic of a breast I smoked a while ago.

9BF45026-5A52-4EE0-A40F-42E8AC0E1044_1_105_c.jpg

Another one smoked on a Weber kettle grill.

fcvGm9J.jpg

Love the contrast of skin and meat.

GN5bgsH.jpg

I can see we have some great turkey cooks here. Anyone make duck, goose. or wild game birds? I made Peking Duck, with all of the fixin's, just one time. It was great, but enough work that i decided not to do that again:LOL:.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Im guessing this will be # 1 as the WORST Turkey pic. There is a back story here.

Many years ago, when I was still living with my parents , my mom was doing Thanksgiving. Me and my GF (now my wife) were vegetarians, so obviously needed something to eat on the holiday other than the side dishes ( that we could eat). Also back then, grocery stores were not as they are today, with many vegetarian options. Anyway, my mom found a local health store that was offering something to eat on Thanksgiving for vegetarians. It was like $25, you had to order it in advance ... My mom got one, told me she and a surprise for me for Thanksgiving, but would not reveal what it was. She was so excited. Anyway, Thanksgiving arrived and it was dinner time, out from the kitchen comes my mom ( with a big smile and look of excitement ) holding a platter with a Tofu Turkey on its. Im not talking Tofurkey, or other vegan meat substitutes, but literally a slab of tofu molded to look like a turkey. Not an anatomical turkey, but kinda like those cutouts you tape on the front door for decoration. I mean this thing was S%#T Brown and one of the most horrible looking things that would be considered edible. The look on my face must have been priceless ( not sure if it was shock disgust or both). Now, I give my mom an 'A' for effort for going out of her way to find something for us to eat. But there was no way I was calling that dinner. Tofu is good when prepared the right way, but just cause it was shaped like a (fake) turkey, didnt mean it tasted good. Now, Im not saying it was inedible , but it was just tofu. needless to say, I didnt eat any of it ( nor diid anyone else). My mom was piissed cause she spent $25 on it and didnt want it to go to waste. Im not sure what was worse, that that monstrosity was my dinner, or just being the center of attention as she brought it out in front of me whole everyone looked at the look of disgust on my face and both laughed and pity'd me . Again, 'A' for effort, but just as no one wants me to pick out a steak for them , I dont expect someone to buy/ prepare something for me that they have never eaten or cooked before.:LOL:

This year I was told to cook and bring something for me ( and my wife) to eat for ourselves . Although I think its a little strange and even rude to be invited somewhere for dinner and told to bring your own stuff, at least I know Ill have something good to eat. ;)

The ironic thing is We are often made fun of and ridiculed for being vegetarian, yet when I bring something, usually its the dish that is most popular and finished off , Cause people often get tired of the same old same old. ( and Im not bringing a Tofu Turkey, although I should as a joke ( if I could even find it)):LOL:

I Hope they fired the person who created it, and burned the recipe. Its products like this that give vegetarians a bad rap. Id rather eat meat than that crap.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 6.33.44 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 6.33.44 AM.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 32
Larry!, funny story but like you say... sad the bad rap.

Wish I had taken a picture of the goose we had for our Canadian Thanksgiving. It looked pretty darned good if I do say so myself...
except I didn't take a pic. :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom