Side dish with Buffalo Wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jstarr

Cook
I'm making a slightly health conscious baked buffalo wing tonight. I'd like the side dish to also be pretty healthy. Any ideas or recommendations?

Traditionally buffalo wings are served with only celery and blue cheese or ranch. Maybe some kind of celery salad or a broccoli slaw with shaved broccoli and celery.

Oven baked onion rings would work, but fried onion rings would work better :mrgreen:. I've seen recipes for oven-baked using panko, never tried them though.

Since bleu cheese is usually involved with wings, how about a bleu cheese coleslaw...or a wedge of lettuce with bleu cheese dressing with carrots and celery scattered about or rimming the plate?

Or Ranch instead of bleu cheese?

I think some coleslaw sounds like a good idea. As for the baked onion ring idea, I have done that. They were pretty good. Not as good as fried onion rings, but really when is anything not best when fried?

How many pounds of chicken wings should I buy for 3 pretty good eaters?

how about fresh green string beans, layed out on baking sheet - lil olive oil on top and salt and pepper lil garlic powder and roast in the oven. could be finger food also.

Back
Top Bottom