That's sausage and chicken AND bacon!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish

Assistant Cook
On to the next cooking step for me, i had bought chicken supreme from local butchers (sausage meat stuffed in to chicken breast wrapped in bacon) coated in herbs and bread crumbs...well

...i'd like to try and cook this myself but would like to know if the meats are prepared, stuffed and wrapped and cooked from raw? or should i seal n e of them first?? just wasn't 'that' overly impressed by them so i wondered if i made them myself would i need n e thing other than the obvious to make this a totally yummy homemade style dinner??

Help appreciated

Fish

I think you could precook the sausage if you wanted to and maybe add some salt and pepper to it. Season the chicken to your liking then wrap the bacon around it. I find that the stuffed/prepared meats at the meat counter are underseasoned, if at all. It sounds delightful!

I would precook both the sausage and, to a lesser extent, the bacon. Otherwise, the chicken will get dry before the pork is done. Bacon rendered slightly but not crisp. Add herbs to your taste, mine would run to tarragon, fresh if you have it. Flatten the breasts and roll with the sausage, or fill pockets in whole breasts. a little creme cheese as a binder would work well. Roll, wrap with bacon, and secure with toothpicks, dip in flour, egg, and bread crumbs. Bake.

I make something similar using a country pate mixture. I will either use bread crumbs or wrap in filo dough.

A hollandaise sauce would finish it well.

What I call chicken supreme is creme based casserole.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom