Weird Stuffing Question (Help!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr_misanthropy

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

I'm at my parents' house for Thanksgiving, and I'm making them cornbread stuffing with apples and sausage as a side (Here's the recipe). They got all the ingredients for me.. however... instead of buying a cornbread for me to crumble for the stuffing, the bought me two boxes of Stove Top cornbread stuffing. So... should I cook the Stove Top with chicken broth, and use it in the recipe, and maybe not use the egg? Any suggestions would be great. I'll probably cut down on the seasoning a little since it's already got it. Aside from adding veggies, sausage and apple to the box stuff, should I alter the recipe at all for a great dish? Thanks a lot for all your help!

PS - Doing this tomorrow at noon, so, any advice I could get soon would be amazing!!!!

I don't see the problem. Your recipe calls for cornbread stuffing mix from the supermarket and that's what you said you had...

Hi Mr. M,

No, don't pre-mix the StoveTop stuffing per the instructions on the box. Follow the directions in the Neelys recipe, adding the dry stuffing mix from the box (which is what they call for in the recipe, not a baked cornbread).

You should be just fine - the recipe looks delicious! You and your parents will be proud! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lee

Thanks folks, I appreciate the last minute advice. I was only confused by the wording of the recipe. It said 1 1/4 lbs instead of so many boxes of stuffing.. so I thought for a moment it was wanting a 1 1/4 lb. cornbread crumbled to make stuffing... I wasn't sure. I even saw the episode where they made it, I just blanked.

Well, it's done and ready to pop in the oven now. I'm just hiding from the family at the moment, so, I thought I'd come give thanks!

Back
Top Bottom