What is "Fogwa"? (foie gras)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ducky Cary

Assistant Cook
I watch the food network all the time and the Iron Chef show uses this ingredient quite often. I'm not sure of the spelling. I think it's something like goat liver but I'm not sure.

TIA

Last edited:
I believe you are thinking of foie gras (pronounced the way you spelled it). It is duck or goose liver.

Foie Gras. It's liver. Considered somewhat of a delicacy.

French meaning "fatty liver" and it is produced by force-feeding ducks or geese to produce a grossly enlarged liver.

Controversial. After I saw how it's made on "A Cook's Tour," I know I'll probably not eat it again.

After I saw how it's made on "A Cook's Tour," I know I'll probably not eat it again
Good call, I saw that too (A Cook's Tour is the coolest food-travel show of all time! Lol, before I was married I had a crush on him :blush:)

Can't say as though the idea of Foie Gras really excites me, but I've tried it here and there at parties and pricier restaurants. I see the appeal but would rather eat goose meat, than the poor creature's engorged liver :(

Call me mad - call me a plebian - I don't care! :) I'd rather have some good old fried chicken livers than fois gras! Have had it several times, in several different ways - maybe the old palate just isn't sophisticated enough for it.

Back
Top Bottom