A local favorite sandwich.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lefty7887

Sous Chef
We have whats called a poor boy with pepperoni. This is one of my favorite hot sandwiches. It comes with the following;

Sandwich roll
Ham
tomatoes
pepperoni
mozzarella
salt and pepper to taste
Toast in oven till cheese is golden.

It is normally without pepperoni (poor boy), but I like it with pepperoni (rich boy)

These are local terms, please don't shoot the messenger. I know po boys are a southern staple so don't argue with what you think it is, I know we have no clue and just stole one of your terms, but it is a darn good sandwich for those that care. :chef:

:chef: Just sharing.

Add to that some onions, pickles, sweet peppers and Italian salad dressing and you are good to go!
We call em subs here.

There ya go, coin the Reech-boy sandwich! LOL.

Now we just need an 'upwardly mobil' sandwich and 'middle class' sandwich hehe.

that sounds good, lefty.

hmm, you just gave me a craving for something similar.

scrambled eggs, tomato, onion, provolone, and thin shaved pepperoni on a buttered roll. :pig: i guess that's called a joisey boy.

That all sounds good. I love pepperoni on and in most things. It's a bit like bacon that way. My latest fav sammy is saute chicken with roasted red pepper and onion with melted provolone. Yum!

I can feel the heartburn coming on as I read the list of ingredients... but it sounds like a sandwhich that I would order!!!! I LOVE pepperoni!!!

I've had Po' boys before which were fried shrimp & caesar salad on pita bread, but my local Poor Boys (Western PA) are hot sausage in tomatoe sauce with peppers and onions. All three of them make me hungry!

that sounds good, lefty.

hmm, you just gave me a craving for something similar.

scrambled eggs, tomato, onion, provolone, and thin shaved pepperoni on a buttered roll. :pig: i guess that's called a joisey boy.

Huh? Maybe up in La La Land that's a "Joisey Boy". :mrgreen:

Around here it's: Subs, Cheesesteak or a porkroll egg and cheese. If I were to pick one Jersey Boy, it would most definately be the PE&C.

Back
Top Bottom