Grilled 3 cheese sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danpeikes

Senior Cook

IMAG0038.png

Ingrediesnts:
2 slices of a high quality soft white bread. Italian loaf works well
1 Slice Munster Cheese
1 Slice Yellow Cheddar Cheese(The Sharper the Better)
1 Slice Pepper jack Cheese
1 Tablespoon of butter at room temperature

Put the three slices of cheese between the bread. Spread 1/2 the butter on the outside of both the top and bottom slices of bread. Place the sandwich in a COLD frying pan. IMPORTANT THE PAN MUST START COLD. Turn the heat on to medium, no more no less. Too hot and the bread will burn before the cheese melts. Too cold and the cheese will never melt and you your bread won't get crispy. Cook on each side until golden brown and delicious, roughly five minutes per side but keep an eye on it.

Serve with some creamy tomato soup and enjoy.
Peikes' Cookbook: Grilled 3 cheese sandwich

Don't worry, just wondering. It sure is easier. Here in mn it is a pain in the neck. Actually in Chicago situation is much better.

I've never tried munster cheese- what kin of flavor does it have?

Muenster cheese, though it has a very German sounding name, is actually an American cheese, similar to jack, but with a more milky flavor. It is mild and absolutely wonderful. Muenster is one of my all time favorite cheeses. It is also a stand-out cheese on pizza, or on any kind of cold-cut sandwich. It's a great cheese to blend with others while cooking.

I tried a quick and dirty cheese sauce to go over poached eggs on Sunday. I simply combined 1/8 cup milk, with two, 1/4 inch thick slices of Velveeta (I know! Don't start up.), and four slices of good Pecorino Romano. I melted them over low heat while whisking constantly. The result was a suprisingly tasty cheese sauce from what was left in the fridge at the end of a pay period. The reason I bring this up is that when cold, it has the texture of velveeta, and melts in the same way. It would make a really great grilled cheese samich.

Oh, and check out my newest blog at - You Can Be A Great Cook With… | Just another WordPress.com site

You'll never take a PBJ for granted again.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom