Ham fontina french roll sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My girls and one son and the kids came for lunch today so they could see their dad. Dad is having surgery tomorrow and we wanted a family lunch together.
I did my thing with the french rolls where I cut them accross the width in several slices instead of the long way. I don't cut all the way through, I brushed the cuts with melted butter then we stuffed the cuts with thinley sliced seranno ham slices of fontina cheese and some sweet onion pieces, wrapped them in heavy foil and baked til cheese melted. When we opened them up we added slices of avocado..We served this with a cup of french onion soup and iced tea..The kids had a chocolate covered banana for dessert and the big kids had some lemon sorget and a chocolate chip cookie.

kadesma

Add a slice of apple to the sandwiches. Yum too.
Italian or Danish fontina?

Hi Gretchen,
I used some Italian fontina I picked up at Trander Joe's..I do like the idea of adding some apple in the sandwich.It sound wonderful. Thank you.

kadesma:)

The sandwich sounds really good. Best wishes in dh's procedure. Will say a prayer for him.

Your sandwiches sound so delicious - and I like the apple idea too. I hope your hubby's surgery goes smoothely - will send up some prayers and good thoughts. Sandy

licia said:
The sandwich sounds really good. Best wishes in dh's procedure. Will say a prayer for him.
Thanks licia,
I appreciate your thoughtfulness. It helps a lot.
kadesma:)

Sandyj said:
Your sandwiches sound so delicious - and I like the apple idea too. I hope your hubby's surgery goes smoothely - will send up some prayers and good thoughts. Sandy
Yes, me too, I had some beautiful apples here to, darn, well next time I'll do them with the apples, they sould be even better.:) Thanks for the prayers Sandy, they mean so much to us.

kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom