Monster Muenster Tuna Melt - TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
Rifling through the fridge and pantry, put this together with ingredients on hand. It's a BIG sammich :pig: I hollowed out about half to 3/4 of a loaf of french bread cut in half, combined 2 small cans of drained tuna (solid white), w s&p, a bit of mayo, half of a chopped onion, a few squeezes of lemon juice and half a can of artichoke hearts, chopped. Piled the mixture into the bread, then topped the loaf with muenster cheese, then placed the loaf into a broiler pan, & broiled till the cheese was melted, bubbly.

I luv tuna melts. You can use any ingredients you have on hand that you like. Other ideas - use marinated artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, chopped green peppers, top with sliced mushrooms and/or olives & any cheese of choice - i.e. cheddar, mozzarella, provalone. Serve with soup & salad, & it's a great comfort food meal.

Last edited:
Wow that is a monster, I love Tuna Melts too, I think i'd be tempted to add few pickled jalapeno slices into the equation!

Mmmm, tuna melts. Must admit, I'm not into spicy, but have many friends who are. Next time I make up some picnic sammies, gonna use your idea for half and halfs (w some potato salad). Thank you.:)

sounds good! I will have to try that next time I make tuna melt.

The artichokes give the sammy an extra zing. Hope you like the combo. Another way to go is a salmon/artichoke melt. Enjoy.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom