Need Grilled Cheese Sandwich Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandwich

Assistant Cook
grilled cheese

Does anyone know what goes good with a grilled cheese sandwich besides a tomato?

sandwich

I had a friend who liked mustard and sliced dill pickle on hers.
I like to dunk mine in soup...chicken noodle, clam chowder, or potato soup in particular, but any soup works for me.
Ham, balogna, or crisp fried bacon are great on grilled cheese. I like bread and butter pickles with those.

mmmm...grilled cheese and egg sandwich! one of my faves! w/ a side of tater tots and ranch dressing, please:)

If you mean in the sandwich, golly I like a slice of tomato, as you mentioned.

Course some bacon is just very tasty.

Will also put on some pickles or kimchee.

And will put on some Worcestershire sauce or mustard.

Then there are the rarebit recipes that are lovely. Just Google and you will get a number of them. Sometimes called Welsh Rarebit, by the way. My mom used to make this in the winter on Sunday nights.

Of course the choice of bread and cheese can take you in a bunch of different directions.

Just good old white bread and Velveeta is fine with me.

But a different cheese and bread will give a whole different flavor.

If there is a perfect gone back to home food, I guess it is the melted cheese sandwich.

God bless.

This 'child'/troll needs to get off this board and we VERY much need to stop responding to IT.

I love to use a good thick white bread
I add mayo, swiss cheese, onions tomatoes and mushrooms very thinly sliced
and sometimes a slice of ham.

I like to shred fresh peeled potatoes, fry till crisp on each side, making sure it stays together like a piece of bread. I make two of these(leaving one in the oven to keep warm. Then I lay cheese on one side of the finished hash brown and add ham, tomato, grilled mushrooms and onions, and then add a drizzle of good ground mustard.

Darn good grilled chese sandwich and very filling. ; )

I am curious to what cheese..

..or cheeses you use. Also, what kind of bread?. Many people like tomato soup. If you use a canned tomato soup, try kicking it up by adding about a half tsp. of chili powder, 1/4 tsp. ea. of cumin, garlic powder, and a pinch of red pepper. Cook the soup with 1/2 and 1/2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom