Oh, Baloney!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL:
You could set a can of Spam and package of saltines on that table and it would look like fine dining at its finest!

Hey, don't make fun of my Spam :rolleyes:

Spam is not just for email ;)

In defiance of TS Ernesto, I did up a couple cans of Spam, along with some sausage from Fresh Market.

The 'Fatty' was coated with generic KC rub, one of the Spam's with Mary's Cherry and the other with Johnny Harris BBQ Sauce and bbq rub.

img_545882_0_4f0daff8556cfaf55a6990e082a5e3c1.jpg

Indirect at 300° with some hickory smoke for approx 1½ hours, til the internal on sausage was at 165°

img_545882_1_bf826fe8fe443c625dc74ce40a0d4599.jpg

Very tasty indeed. I will do this again as a go along for some low and slows, so's I can have something to snack on.

I can see some slices on a cracker, or nacho, cheese on top and back in the cooker for a few more minutes :-p Endless possibilities with SPAM :LOL:

Two quick questions Butcher:
Why is that considered indirect? It looks like the coals are underneath in that second pic.
And, where is the "smoke"? On top of the coals somewhere?

Thanks

You may now continue with your regularly scheduled baloney

when I lived in Cairo you could not get baloney to save your life--nothing even came close...the only ones who could get it were those who had commissary privileges (the military and embassy). Working at the library one day one of the volunteers brought in a package of Oscar Meyer boloney and a jar of Hellmans and real American soft white bread from the commissary. You would have thought that we had been brought a gourmet feast.

Two quick questions Butcher:
Why is that considered indirect? It looks like the coals are underneath in that second pic.
And, where is the "smoke"? On top of the coals somewhere?

Thanks

You may now continue with your regularly scheduled baloney

The meat is being cooked 'indirect', which means there is a barrier between it and the heat source. In this case, a few firebricks and an aluminum pan with water.

Great looking spam.

having JUST moved back from Hawaii, I miss the stuff!

As for bologna, pan fried, and in between a good grilled cheese for me.

The meat is being cooked 'indirect', which means there is a barrier between it and the heat source. In this case, a few firebricks and an aluminum pan with water.

Ahhhh, so the heat deflects around the fire bricks. Thanks!

I am not a fan of bologna, but then I have never had anything other than the superstore versions. Even 'dressed' up like everyone else is doing it doesn't taste good to me. I would rather spend all that effort and good toppings on a better cut of lunch meat.
AAB sure made that Spam look good though, LOL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom