Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For starters, I rarely have bread in the house. When I do it's something light/low carb or if I'm wanting a treat something artisanal or Old Dutch Potato bread (that stuff rox!). I rarely eat a PBJ so when I do I go all out!:ROFLMAO:

I start with three slices of bread, spread out from left to right. On the far left piece I spread peanut butter (JIF is my favorite). Then grape jelly (preferably Welche's, Smuckers is okay) on the middle piece. I then flip it over onto the peanut butter slice. Then I peanut butter that 2nd piece on the top and jelly the third piece. When that piece goes on top you've got a Double Decker PBJ!:chef:

Peter Pan chunky with Smuckers Grape jelly on split-top white bread. Cold jelly, room temp PB. Lots of PB on one slice, lots of jelly on the other slice. I chop up the jelly a bunch with a knife while it's on the bread so that it spreads easily and evenly. I make a slight crater in the PB so it keeps the jelly from squeezing out of the sandwich. Cut in half diagonally, crust on, always eat it with milk.

White bread super fresh, pb,marionberry jelly top it all off with crisp crumbled bacon a cup of tea or coffee yummy
kades

A good simple asian sauce: Peanut butter, soy sauce, alittle bit of smuckers grape jam with a touch of brown sugar. Great on a wrap with chicken.

Organic, chunky peanut butter with strawberry jam.

I can't abide strawberry jelly, probably because as kids, we weren't allowed to have it because Welches supported the John Birch Society.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom