Sandwiches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
StirBlue said:
Well, I did say that I needed some recipes for bologna! :LOL: Although I do not speak or read the language, you can narrow the responses down and understand them...

Actually there are no explanations, just pictures.

My dad sometimes used to say to me "Sandra! Make me a mystery!". He meant, make me an interesting sandwich. It used to irritate me no end when I was a teenager. Now I wish I had him here still, and I'd surprise him with something interesting every time.
My husband's family is so plain with their sandwiches....one day a couple of years ago his dad came in hungry for a snack - we must have been on vacation or visiting, and I offered to make him a sandwich. Nothing fancy, I thought...I just put some mustard on one slice of bread, mayo on the other, then a generous amount of meat sliced from some leftover roast chicken (or something), fresh tomato slices with salt and pepper, cheddar cheese and lettuce. Cut it in diagonals nicely, poured him a nice big glass of milk and stuck some chips on the side. You would have thought I'd invented the wheel! He was so impressed!

One thing I could never understand is how can people drink milk with sandwich or humburger. To me it taste terible. Milk with cookie that is the way to go.

For our intrepid inquirer, there are a couple of threads if you go to the search pull down and enter "Sandwich", Breathkiller, Greatest Sandwich... You will get more sandwich recipes than you know what to do with.:LOL:

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

CharlieD said:
One thing I could never understand is how can people drink milk with sandwich or humburger. To me it taste terible. Milk with cookie that is the way to go.

Ah, but you forget Charlie, there is a proper sandwich to eat with a glass of milk. It's called "Oreo."

:) The only sandwiches I like with a really cold glass of organic fat free milk is a good homemede roast beef or a crunchy peanut butter and jam/preserves preferably apricot preserves.

i made simple grilled chicken clubs tonight served with a light honey mustard sauce.

Caine said:
Is a sand witch anything like a dust devil?

Don't know Caine - you might try posting this as a question in the "Off Topic, Jokes, Games... Forum" since this thread is in a food forum - and the question was about sandwiches.

SurvivorGirl said:
Isn't that spicy?:ermm:

It totally depends on the onion. But, what's wrong with a spicy onion sandwich?

CharlieD said:
If you are going to make sandwiches here is an example how to. Don't worry abouot the lenguage, just click on the link below look at the pictures:

Òåñòû, èãðû, ïðîãðàììû, èíòåðåñíûå ýôôåêòû è ÿâëåíèÿ ïðèðîäû : Áóòåð-àðò

Wow! Talk about presentation!!!! This rivals some of the best Asian presentations I've ever seen. I had no idea that this level of presentation existed in Russia.

Caine said:
Didn't your mother tell you not to play with your food?
Sorry your Mom didn't let you play with your food, Caine. Maybe if she had you could have grown up to be a rich and successful food artist?

Last edited:
Michael in FtW said:
Wow! Talk about presentation!!!! This rivals some of the best Asian presentations I've ever seen. I had no idea that this level of presentation existed in Russia.

It's because you think of the country as if it was still Soviet Union. There was, in fact, nothing of a sort during those years. But if you skip those years and either go back in the history ot into nowadays you'd see an incredible rich food culture. Recipes of enourmous complexity and beauty.

Believe me Russian tsars really new how to eaat well.

My lunch sandwich on Sunday (Chicken Breast with Bacon, Swiss Cheese, Lettuce and Tomato).... just a plain one, but pretty nonetheless. I love Cranberry Mayo (mix 1/4 cup mayo with 1 tbsp cranberry sauce)

img_444447_0_338d6c2cf0db1aa0b8fc878afc7f3ed6.jpg

TATTRAT said:
can I worship Kitchenelf?.....although i know we can fit some bacon in there...

My favorite grilled cheese is actually rye bread but I can go with sourdough, slathered with a bit of mayo, with provolone, mozzarella, and a nice cheddar. Stuck in the middle though I like a slice of tomato. We can add bacon if you want - can it be a pepper bacon????? Please??????????

Back
Top Bottom