Skirt Steak Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef

Skirt Steak Sandwich by powerplantop, on Flickr

Marinade / Sauce
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Oregano
3 Cloves Garlic
1/4 Red Bell Pepper

Tomato and Red Onion Salsa.
4 peeled and seeded roma tomatoes.
1/4 Red Onion (soaked in salt water for 20minutes)
2 Tablespoons Cilantro.

Season Skirt Steak (1 pound) with black pepper
Then marinate with 1/2 of the Marinade / Sauce mixture (reserve the rest)

Grill the steaks and cut across the grain.

Add avocado to the bread, put on some of the marinade, add meat add some more marinade then top with salsa.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40726522@N02/9110165087/
Skirt Steak Sandwich by powerplantop, on Flickr

Marinade / Sauce
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Oregano
3 Cloves Garlic
1/4 Red Bell Pepper

Tomato and Red Onion Salsa.
4 peeled and seeded roma tomatoes.
1/4 Red Onion (soaked in salt water for 20minutes)
2 Tablespoons Cilantro.

Season Skirt Steak (1 pound) with black pepper
Then marinate with 1/2 of the Marinade / Sauce mixture (reserve the rest)

Grill the steaks and cut across the grain.

Add avocado to the bread, put on some of the marinade, add meat add some more marinade then top with salsa.

Oh wow, ya did it again, PPO! :yum:

Well, if it's for a contest, perhaps organize the recipe a little different.
One skirt steak
Avocado, slices
Hoagy rolls or crusty bread, grill toasted?
--
Marinade / sauce ingreds
Salsa.
Directions.

Good idea PPO. I too often have a sliced steak sandwich mañana made with leftovers from a previous day’s grilled steak. Or some slice steak in a tortilla with what-all . Even more often, ( not like steak is real often to begin with), a steak salad. Cold steak is not the same as fresh grilled steak, even if it may taste as good. I think the meat fibers tighten or texture changes up a bit or something, it's not quite the same as hot off the grill.

I don’t marinate steaks as a rule. Sometimes salt, always pepper and maybe some garlic powder. I like steak to taste like steak. Your idea seems to be plan the sandwich from the get- go, skip the first meal with the baked potato fal-der-rah and make it like It was a Planned Event, not an after-thought how to use leftovers.

Then I had to laugh. I was thinking, Some avocado would sure be good with this. Tucked at the bottom of your recipe you got it . I like this.

Good luck with the contest !!

As a PS. I incorporated some slices red bell pepper in a chicken fettuccine the other day. Not cooked per se, more like they were just heated through as they were added towards the end before plating. The fresh pepper flavor moved alittle into the sauce, not in every bite, but you could taste it even if you didn’t have a slice of pepper in your mouth. I didn’t try to achieve this, it just was a good flavor. Well, I thought it is interesting and worth noting for you. Keeping everything pretty simple allows all the flavors to shine.

Last edited:
I don’t marinate steaks as a rule. Sometimes salt, always pepper and maybe some garlic powder. I like steak to taste like steak. Your idea seems to be plan the sandwich from the get- go, skip the first meal with the baked potato fal-der-rah and make it like It was a Planned Event, not an after-thought how to use leftovers.

Normally I do not marinade steaks, but for this mixture I made an exception

As a PS. I incorporated some slices red bell pepper in a chicken fettuccine the other day. Not cooked per se, more like they were just heated through as they were added towards the end before plating. The fresh pepper flavor moved alittle into the sauce, not in every bite, but you could taste it even if you didn’t have a slice of pepper in your mouth. I didn’t try to achieve this, it just was a good flavor. Well, I thought it is interesting and worth noting for you. Keeping everything pretty simple allows all the flavors to shine.

Red peppers are showing up in more of my recipes. I love them cooked or raw. I do think the raw red pepper makes the sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom