Texas Toast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I've bought a loaf of thick sliced french toast bread.

Had good intentions of making french toast for breakfast.That idea went out the window while I was slicing up a roast for sammiches.

Something about gooey cheese, roasted sweet peppers, toasted bread has my interest now. Or open faced beef and gravy sammiches.

Is it the same as Texas toast bread? Google pics says it's a possibility.
But the Texas toast that I've seen has different flavors and seasonings.

Where is .40 or is it .45 when you need a Texas answer?

Is this going to work?

I don't see why not. I would eat gooey cheese, peppers, and garlic on an old sweater sleeve. I say go for it, Munky!

I don't see why not. I would eat gooey cheese, peppers, and garlic on an old sweater sleeve. I say go for it, Munky!

LOL!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

That's my intention. Everyone else can do what they want.
For some reason my guys always nix the original idea, say no when I ask them.So fine, I go ahead and make what sounds good to me. They walk in and try it because it's smells good. Then I end up (used to make them one to) Now I show them how it's done. Make it yourself.

Love Mom.:LOL:

I would toast the bread, sort of like garlic toast in a frying pan or on a baking sheet, then add the toppings and put it into the oven or run it under the broiler until the cheese is brown and bubbly! :yum:

Now you have got me thinking about the old open faced steak sandwich on garlic toast with a couple of fried onion rings on top! :yum:

Good luck!

LOL!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

That's my intention. Everyone else can do what they want.
For some reason my guys always nix the original idea, say no when I ask them.So fine, I go ahead and make what sounds good to me. They walk in and try it because it's smells good. Then I end up (used to make them one to) Now I show them how it's done. Make it yourself.

Love Mom.:LOL:

There ya go, then. :LOL: I've only had "Texas Toast" at a Sizzler type restaurant. Your gooey cheese and peppers topping sounds over the top awesome. :yum: Add some garlic. LOL

Last edited:
Texas Toast came about for toast out on the range for cowboys. So unless you are into herding the cattle on a drive, who is to say what Texas Toast is today? It is what ever you want it to be. I think an open faced sammich on thickly sliced bread sounds ideal. No matter what you call it. I say you should call it A Chef Munky Sammich. Who knows. You just might become famous. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom