Today is National Hamburger Day!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Since today is hamburger day, what are your favourite hamburgers? And how do you like to eat them?

My favourites are:
Reuben Burger (with beef patty, pastrami, sauerkraut, german mustard) no cheese for me!

Breakfast burger (beef patty, soft fried egg, crispy bacon, tomato, relish and slices of pickle)

Salmon burger (salmon cake, chopped capers mixed into sour cream, crisp lettuce and a dash of hotsauce)

so many burgers, so little time.

i doubt i'll be able to list them all right away, but my last four favourite burgers were:

a buffalo juicy lucy made by stuffing cheese between two patties of ground buffalo meat (bison, really). garlic and herb boursin for the cheese, and a slice of raw onion and tomato on top, served in a hard roll (aka kaiser roll).

a short rib bacon burger: a griddled 8 oz beef burger, topped with melted cheddar, bacon, and pulled short rib meat, all on a brioche roll with lettuce and tomato.

a bacon, black, and blue burger: 8 oz. beef burger, sprinkled with blackening seasoning before grilling, then blue cheese melted on top before adding bacon, served on a soft potato bun with sauteed onions.

a greek lamb burger: grilled ground lamb burger, chopped lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, olives, feta cheese, and oregano in a pita, drizzled with just a little garlic and red wine vinaigrette dressing.

so many burgers, so little time.

i doubt i'll be able to list them all right away, but my last four favourite burgers were:

a buffalo juicy lucy made by stuffing cheese between two patties of ground buffalo meat (bison, really). garlic and herb boursin for the cheese, and a slice of raw onion and tomato on top, served in a hard roll (aka kaiser roll).

a short rib bacon burger: a griddled 8 oz beef burger, topped with melted cheddar, bacon, and pulled short rib meat, all on a brioche roll with lettuce and tomato.

a bacon, black, and blue burger: 8 oz. beef burger, sprinkled with blackening seasoning before grilling, then blue cheese melted on top before adding bacon, served on a soft potato bun with sauteed onions.

a greek lamb burger: grilled ground lamb burger, chopped lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, olives, feta cheese, and oregano in a pita, drizzled with just a little garlic and red wine vinaigrette dressing.

Yum! The greek lamb burger sounds the best! :pig:

I am not a big fan of hamburgers. Not since childhood when they were served with Saturday night beans. I loved the beans, but not the overcooked burgers. But if I have to have one it would be two patties sealed together with a large pat of butter inbetween. :angel:

Good old bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, mayo and mustard.

" if I have to have one it would be two patties sealed together with a large pat of butter inbetween."

Two new Juciy Lucy's in onne day. wow. Pac's lamb burger and Addie's Butter burger.

Surprisingly, living in the epi-center capital of Jucy Lucies, I am about done in on them. So many restaurants/ bars think they have to offer this on theirm menus. And frankly , I think they often over cook them to compensate for the thickness of the double sealed burger,then they get dried out. And if not that, they use Velveeta "Cheese product". what is that? Of course I grew up w/ Velveeta, I like it. But in a Jucy Lucy it is hot molten burn your tongue reckless living.

For my burger, I prefer ground sirloin 85/15 lean to fat ratio. Simply charcoal grilled medium ( or med rare if the meat is fresh ground). Grilled onion slice, Tomato, plain or garlic mayo on a toasted bun. Good cheese, smoked gouda is my current fave. Paint the burger with a little bbq sauce when you flip it and paint again before assembly on the bun.

Other favorite additions are pesto / mayo, horseradish mayo, and for our friend Mr No Mayo, avocado slices rather than guac as it’s less messy. And BACON.

I am not a big fan of hamburgers. Not since childhood when they were served with Saturday night beans. I loved the beans, but not the overcooked burgers. But if I have to have one it would be two patties sealed together with a large pat of butter inbetween. :angel:

Think we should call you Paula from now on :LOL:
I love butter too but the darn cholesterol stops me from having too much :(

Think we should call you Paula from now on :LOL:
I love butter too but the darn cholesterol stops me from having too much :(

Some say pork rules. I say BUTTER RULES. LONG LIVE BUTTER! :angel: This morning I bought four pounds of Cabot Butter. It was on sale for $2.00 a pound. It is usually closer to four dollars. Cabot's butter is about as freash as you can get it. The creamery is right over the state line in Vermont. They are making deliveries throughout New England every day. The closest Land of Lakes plant is in New Jersey. The butter I bought this morning was made on the 3rd of February at 6:12 a.m. :angel:

Some say pork rules. I say BUTTER RULES. LONG LIVE BUTTER! :angel: This morning I bought four pounds of Cabot Butter. It was on sale for $2.00 a pound. It is usually closer to four dollars. Cabot's butter is about as freash as you can get it. The creamery is right over the state line in Vermont. They are making deliveries throughout New England every day. The closest Land of Lakes plant is in New Jersey. The butter I bought this morning was made on the 3rd of February at 6:12 a.m. :angel:

Yum :yum: I only eat real butter, can't stand margerine. I've tried to cut down but oh boy is it hard!
My favourite is Kerrygold :)

If I add a little flour in with the butter on Addie's butter burger will it turn into a roux while it's cooking and make it's own burger gravy? :angel:

:LOL:

If I add a little flour in with the butter on Addie's butter burger will it turn into a roux while it's cooking and make it's own burger gravy? :angel:

:LOL:

lol, wiseguy. :LOL:

you'd have to use like 50/50 burger meat cooked in an 18/10 ss skillet in order to get enough fat rendered to make the 1:1 ratio for a roux. :smartass:

or you could just use bacon.

Last edited:
I was unaware of this "special day" but had a craving for ground beef so I made taco salad. :) I used my taco seasoning with a pound of lean beef my butcher had just ground yesterday, some red onion and a little beef broth to mix in the seasoning.

Fixings were spring mix salad, avocado, tomatoes, fresh salsa (not mine), dairy/soy free cheese for TB and Goat cheese for me. The salsa was our dressing. Very yummy if I do say so myself!

If I had known it was Hamburger Day, I would have made taco burgers! :angel:

Bacon, cheddar, grilled mushrooms, carmalized onions.

I tried to make a juicy lucy but all I ended up with was a mess lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom