Epcot Cheese Bread and Spread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
A recipe from "The Good Turn" restaurant in The Land Pavilion at Disney/Epcot in Orlando. The restaurant very slowly revolved on a huge turntable and as you turned you would overlook the lower food court in The Land Pavilion and scenes from the "Living with the Land" boat tour. Unfortunately, they have revamped "The Good Turn" at least twice, changing the menu and the name, and I've never been happy with the subsequent redos.

The Bread
3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour, divided
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup very warm water (120°-130°)
squeeze margarine
1 cup (4oz) shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup (2oz) grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten

4- 6x3 inch (more or less) loaf pans

Instructions:
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. Mix well. Gradually add water and 2 tablespoons margarine. Mix until soft dough forms.

Combine Swiss and Parmesan cheeses. Reserve 1/4 cup. Add remaining cheese mixture, egg, and 1 cup of the flour to dough. Mix well.

On floured surface, knead dough 8 to 10 minutes, kneading in remaining flour. Place dough in lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface. Cover and let rest in warm place 20 minutes.

On lightly floured surface, knead dough a few times. Divide into four equal pieces. Cover and let rise 15 minutes. Roll out each piece in a rectangle and roll up from short side. Press ends to seal and fold under loaf. Place seam side down in four greased 6 x 3 inch loaf pans. Cover, let rise until double in volume, about 50 minutes. Make a 1/4 inch deep slit lengthwise on top of each loaf. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon remaining cheese. Bake at 375° F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans immediately. Brush with melted butter.

WHAT I DO DIFFERENT

I usually let it rise a little longer in the first 2 risings, same for the last. I don't do the slit and actually butter and cheese them prior to the final rising. Doing the slit after they have risen deflates them a little.

Cheese spread

I had actually forgotten they used to serve the spread with the bread but was looking for another WDW recipe and was reminded of it.

Cheese Spread
Yield: 5 Cups

3 cups (12 ounces) Cheddar 1/4 cup heavy cream
cheese Dash Tabasco
1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
blue cheese 1/8 teaspoon paprika
1 package (8 ounces) cream Salt to taste
cheese
1/3 cup butter, softened

Have all ingredients at room temperature.
Cut Cheddar cheese into 1 inch cubes and process half of Cheddar with half of blue cheese into food processor with steel blade until smooth. Transfer to 11/2 quart bowl and process remaining Cheddar and blue cheese. Transfer to bowl. Cube cream cheese and add with butter, cream and seasonings to processor and process with steel blade until blended. Add to Cheddar mixture and mix until blended. Store, covered, in refrigerator, but serve at room temperature.

Last edited:
Well I was just informed copy and paste messed up the spread recipe ingredients so we'll try again

3 cups (12 oz) Cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup (4 oz) blue cheese, crumbled
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup heavy cream
Dash of Tobasco
1/8 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1/8 tsp paprika
salt to taste

The instructions copied okay.

Add a couple of tablespoons of pimentos and you have a nice pimento cheese blend. Sounds delicious anyway. I'll have to try a little worcestershire next time.

I used a whole bag of Italian blend cheese, so a little more cheese than normal, plus a little black pepper. The cheese on top got a little too brown, but I actually like that so...
20230913_133516.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom