Originally Posted by pepperhead212
Great! Glad you got your KA fixed - mine died on me, in the middle of a recipe, but it was something that cost more than it was worth, so I got a deal on a new one, even better.
Mine was actually in good shape with no detectable wear on any of the gears so I cleaned it up and regreased the gear assemblies. The problem with the mixer was the two 3/8" nuts which hold the rear motor housing in place had loosened and fell off the studs so there was nothing to hold the armature of the motor centered. Several other screws were loose as well. It seems Kitchenaid doesn't believe in lock washers.. But I do so I replaced the nut with the type with plastic centers which keeps them from vibrating loose. Mine cost a total of $1.39 to fix...
Now I'm sure the trusty Kitchenaid will outlast me..