Pretzel Hamburger Buns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have inspired this fellow bread making virgin Cheryl. :clap:
I might give these a shot myself just for kicks. I knew you were a kindred spirit when you forgot the butter. :mrgreen: ;)

:LOL:
Not only forgetful, but clumsy and inefficient when I do bake. There is NO reason that this easy recipe required me to use as many bowls and spoons as I did. You should have seen my kitchen - flour and bowls everywhere....for 4 hamburger buns. :ohmy: :ROFLMAO: I'm going to work on that issue next time. :LOL:

Seriously though....you really should try this, Kay! :chef:

PPO, do you think this could be kneaded in a food processor? I know it's not a lot of kneading, but some days I just can't. I have had to use the FP to knead meatloaf.

:LOL:
Not only forgetful, but clumsy and inefficient when I do bake. There is NO reason that this easy recipe required me to use as many bowls and spoons as I did. You should have seen my kitchen - flour and bowls everywhere....for 4 hamburger buns. :ohmy: :ROFLMAO: I'm going to work on that issue next time. :LOL:

Seriously though....you really should try this, Kay! :chef:

:LOL::ROFLMAO: There's no way I'll do it before my SousChef is home!!!

PPO, do you think this could be kneaded in a food processor? I know it's not a lot of kneading, but some days I just can't. I have had to use the FP to knead meatloaf.

I use my KA mixer for kneading some of the breads I make. That said, I've started doing it the old fashioned way more than I used to, mixing with a wooden spoon until it's too stiff, then turning it out on the counter and doing the rest by hand. There's something more satisfying about doing the kneading process manually, pressing and folding. I let my mind wander where it will - it's better than seeing a therapist. :wacko:

However, I can understand it being difficult for some people to knead and fold for 8-10 minutes by hand. I'm a guy, so I can really understand the pleasure derived from using a good power tool. :LOL:

I use my KA mixer for kneading some of the breads I make. That said, I've started doing it the old fashioned way more than I used to, mixing with a wooden spoon until it's too stiff, then turning it out on the counter and doing the rest by hand. There's something more satisfying about doing the kneading process manually, pressing and folding. I let my mind wander where it will - it's better than seeing a therapist. :wacko:

However, I can understand it being difficult for some people to knead and fold for 8-10 minutes by hand. I'm a guy, so I can really understand the pleasure derived from using a good power tool. :LOL:

My hands and wrists can't deal with that any longer. First I broke my wrist and now it seems I have arthritis in my hand/wrist. So kneading bread dough is not on my 'to do' list. I haven't used the KA to make pasta yet, but that may be next.

I certainly agree that there is something satisfying about kneading the dough. I even think there is an eensy weensy improvement in the flavour of the bread.

My hands and wrists can't deal with that any longer. First I broke my wrist and now it seems I have arthritis in my hand/wrist. So kneading bread dough is not on my 'to do' list. I haven't used the KA to make pasta yet, but that may be next.
That's why I use the bread machine to make dough--my "washer woman's syndrome" (there's a technical term for it--can't remember it) makes it very painful to knead dough, so I let the bread machine do most of it and I do 4-5 flips to finish the dough. Don't know why the KA or FP couldn't do the same thing.

That's why I use the bread machine to make dough--my "washer woman's syndrome" (there's a technical term for it--can't remember it) makes it very painful to knead dough, so I let the bread machine do most of it and I do 4-5 flips to finish the dough. Don't know why the KA or FP couldn't do the same thing.

I know my KA food processor came with a dough blade, but I've never used it. It's a plastic blade that looks pretty much like the steel chopping blade.

Back
Top Bottom