TNT - Naan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
Making it this way it comes out nice and soft with a bit of crust. It will remain soft for at last a few hours. So far it has never lasted longer than that in my house.

Wet:
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 package dry yeast

Dry:
3 cups of All Purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups yogurt
2 Tablespoons melted Ghee

Mix the Wet ingredients to activate the yeast.
Mix the Dry ingredients.
After the yeast has started to foam mix the yogurt and Ghee into the Wet.
Add the Wet to the dough.
Mix well and add yogurt or water to make a wet dough.
Let dough rest covered for 15 to 30 minutes.
Divided dough into smaller balls and let rise 15 to 30 minutes.
Preheat oven and baking sheet.
Shape balls into naan shape; brush the top with melted ghee.
Heat a flat pan.
Add your Naan to hot pan until it puffs up. Transfer to a hot baking sheet then under the broiler until the top is done.

Egg-less Naan without a Tandoor - YouTube

Last edited:
Great video, as always!

I am amazed at your personal transformation, all of your hard work is really showing great results!

Great video, as always!

I am amazed at your personal transformation, all of your hard work is really showing great results!

Thank you and thank you.

It has taken quite a bit of time and sometimes a lot of will power. I do eat junk food nothing is off limits I just have to plan for it in the grand scheme of things.

Looks very similar to the recipe I use. Note that you can also cook these on the grill. It gives the Naan a nice smoky flavor. Sometimes if I'm using the Weber grill for something else, I'll also grill up some Naan at the same time and freeze it.

Looks very similar to the recipe I use. Note that you can also cook these on the grill. It gives the Naan a nice smoky flavor. Sometimes if I'm using the Weber grill for something else, I'll also grill up some Naan at the same time and freeze it.

I will remember that. I am sure that it would come out really good on the grill.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom