Alix's Oatmeal Yogurt Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
1.5 cup large flake oats
1 1/3 cups low fat yogurt
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1.25 cups flour
2 tsps baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup craisins
sniff of cinnamon and nutmeg (1/4 tsp each maybe?)

Stir the yogurt into the oats and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Add sugar and eggs to oatmeal mixture. Gently stir in all the dry ingredients, just til incorporated and then add the craisins. Pour into a loaf pan. Bake in a 350º oven for about 45-50 minutes. Check with toothpick for doneness.

Nutritional breakdown assuming 12 servings:

Calories 159.3
spacer.gif

Total Fat
1.8 g
spacer.gif

Saturated Fat
0.4 g
spacer.gif

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g
spacer.gif

Monounsaturated Fat
0.6 g
spacer.gif

Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
spacer.gif

Dietary Fiber
1.6 g
spacer.gif

OM NOM NOM! VERY tasty! Had a piece still warm from the oven and it was wonderful. A slight hint of raspberry (from the yogurt), a lovely dense loaf and the texture of the craisins and oats works for me. (And notice the very good dog in the background too!)

Attachments

• IMG_20121017_120715.jpg
    IMG_20121017_120715.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 316
I just looked up "low fat" designation and it says it must be less than 3g of fat per serving size to be considered low fat. This stuff qualifies!

Thanks :) We don't get that brand in SA, thought it might be a fruit I don't know.
I have all the ingredients, think I'll try your recipe before the weekend :)

Alix - this looks amazing and the pic is inspiring - I am making this today. Are "large flake oats" plain old-fashioned rolled oats?

I think they are the same, but there is a difference in packaging at the grocery store. Just use what you have. I just don't think you'd get the same chewiness from quick oats.

Alix said:
OM NOM NOM! VERY tasty! Had a piece still warm from the oven and it was wonderful. A slight hint of raspberry (from the yogurt), a lovely dense loaf and the texture of the craisins and oats works for me. (And notice the very good dog in the background too!)

Oh, I love it when the dog helps!

Back
Top Bottom