Connie's Blueberry And Cream Cheese Scones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cajun Cook

Senior Cook
Connie's Blueberry And Cream Cheese Scones

647998293_112f8b81d7_m.jpg

Makes 12 Scones

"This is my girlfriend's recipe. The first time she made these I went nuts over them so I included the recipe on our website and here as well."

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup of dried blueberries
  • 1 Cup of red wine
  • 2½ Cups of all purpose flour
  • ½ Teaspoon of salt
  • 1 Tablespoon of baking powder
  • ½ Cup of sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons of butter
  • 2 Ounces of creole cream cheese*
  • 1 Medium egg
  • ¾ Cup of nonfat buttermilk
Directions:

An hour before you make the scones, warm the wine in a small sauce pan. Remove from heat and add the dried blueberries making sure they are completely covered by the wine. Set aside to let the berries steep. Preheat oven to 425° F. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Stir to mix well. Add the butter and cream cheese. Using a fork, mash the butter and cream cheese into the flour like you would for making biscuits. At this point the mixture should be coarse and crumbly so don't over mix. Add the egg and buttermilk. Drain the blueberries and add them as well. Using a mixer on slow speed or your hands, mix until you have a nice, soft dough. Knead the dough 10 to 12 times to get some gluten forming. The dough will be slightly sticky so dust with flour as needed. Divide the dough into equal size separate balls and form two, one inch thick circles and place on a well greased cookie sheet. Cut each circle into six pie shaped pieces. Bake in the middle rack of oven for 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top. Serve hot with clotted cream.
* Use regular cream cheese if you cannot find creole cream cheese

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom