ISO - Peanut Butter Bread Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FluffyAngel

Senior Cook
Loving peanut butter here in the South like I do, I have a deep need (Really a Necessity) for a recipe for peanut butter bread and a sugary peanut buttery glaze to drizzle over like the icing on cinnamon rolls. Craving peanut butter here. Ideas?

How about this?

1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1/2 cup milk

Cream butter and sugar together, beat eggs in one at a time. Sift 1/2 flour, baking powder into the butter/sugar mixture, stir and pour in 1/4 cup of milk, stir til well blended. Repeat with last 1/2 of dry ingredients and then the rest of the milk.

Pour into a loaf pan

Melt 1/2 cup peanut butter and stir in some icing sugar, until it gets a bit stiff then spread on the loaf like icing.

Next time you make a banana cake try a topping streusel topping made with peanut butter. A few mini chocolate chips can be tossed in for a little extra kick.

1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup softened butter
3 or 4 T of peanut butter

Mix together with a pastry blender until it resembles peas or crumbs and sprinkle on top of a coffee cake, chocolate snack cake or banana cake just before placing it in the oven, bake as usual.

Last edited:
The Fanny Farmer cookbook has a recipe for peanut butter bread. I made it once. I think I drank about a quart of milk per slice.

Alix said:
How about this?

1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1/2 cup milk

Cream butter and sugar together, beat eggs in one at a time. Sift 1/2 flour, baking powder into the butter/sugar mixture, stir and pour in 1/4 cup of milk, stir til well blended. Repeat with last 1/2 of dry ingredients and then the rest of the milk.

Pour into a loaf pan

Melt 1/2 cup peanut butter and stir in some icing sugar, until it gets a bit stiff then spread on the loaf like icing.

Mmmmm. Sounds yummy. Will definitely try soon. Like today!

Aunt Bea said:
Next time you make a banana cake try a topping streusel topping made with peanut butter. A few mini chocolate chips can be tossed in for a little extra kick.

1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup softened butter
3 or 4 T of peanut butter

Mix together with a pastry blender until it resembles peas or crumbs and sprinkle on top of a coffee cake, chocolate snack cake or banana cake just before placing it in the oven, bake as usual.

I can do a really good banana bread. Peanut butter & bananas marry well, why didn't I think of that! That sounds really good too. Thank you.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom