My Mom's Wonderful Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettyR

Senior Cook
I made some of the blueberry ones this morning and sometimes I forget just how good there are. They have a lot of good nutrition in them too because of the almonds.

My Mom's Wonderful Muffins

2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sliced almonds
1-tablespoon baking powder
1/4-teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2-cup vegetable oil
1-tablespoon vanilla
1-cup milk
Blueberries

Preheat oven to 400°
Combine dry ingredients in the bowl of your food processor and process until the almonds are ground into a very fine meal. Add the wet ingredients and process for 20 seconds.
Spoon batter into paper lined muffin cups, filling 2/3 of the cup with batter. Drop several blueberries on top of each muffin and poke the berries down into the batter with your finger.
Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 1-1/2 dozen muffins
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Variations:
Combine:
1/3-cup brown sugar
1/3-cup flour
1-teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter
Before you make the muffins put this mixture in the food processor and pulse until the consistency of cracker crumbs. Pour into a separate bowl and set aside. Make the muffins and sprinkle mixture over muffins and bake as above.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Replace 1/2 the white sugar with brown sugar and top with chocolate chips and bake as above.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Replace 1/2 the vanilla with strawberry extract and top with sliced strawberries, poke berries into batter with your finger and bake as above.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Increase sugar to 1-1/2 cups and add 3 ounces of melted baking chocolate; top with white chocolate chips and chopped pecans and bake as above.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a saucepan over low heat melt 20 caramels with 3 tablespoons of milk, stir until smooth. Spoon sauce over the top muffins then top with chocolate chips and chopped pecans then bake as above.

img_915522_0_44897cadb9e0868bac60beb9dd1c5fb7.jpg

Last edited:
Gosh, do they look scrummy! And I like your ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :) Next time I mass-post recipes, I'll have to adopt those myself.

Have you ever added poppy seed to make them poppy seed muffins? If so, how much? Thanks.

No I have never tried poppy seeds but I'm sure you could just add enough to suit your taste.

Gosh, do they look scrummy! And I like your ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :) Next time I mass-post recipes, I'll have to adopt those myself.

Yeah, the ~~~~~~~~helps to make things much easier to read.

Back
Top Bottom